Take my picture please

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

Handsome is as handsome does.

Anyone interested in calling them vermin or condoning blood sports can accompany me to the car park.

Of course its sport. One fox versus 40 hounds plus god only knows how many pricks on horseback and ferrets to dig the fox out if it ever did get to ground :angry: Same as the T---s that run down magnificent stags until completely exhausted before going for a quick guffaw to the village pub.

• Greenie 5
  • Angry 1

9 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Of course its sport. One fox versus 40 hounds plus god only knows how many pricks on horseback and ferrets to dig the fox out if it ever did get to ground :angry: Same as the T---s that run down magnificent stags until completely exhausted before going for a quick guffaw to the village pub.

Couldn't have put it any better.....

10 minutes ago, NB Esk said:

Couldn't have put it any better.....

Yes you could. You could have missed out the ferrets.  Ferrets are used to hunt rabbits, not foxes.  I'm not the slightest bit interested in foxhunting, but I do know several members of the local hunt, and they are not bad people. 

Personally I don't see foxhunting as any worse than angling or horseracing, neither of which interests me either, but then there's a lot of money and people involved in them, isn't there?

• Greenie 1

18 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Yes you could. You could have missed out the ferrets.  Ferrets are used to hunt rabbits, not foxes.  I'm not the slightest bit interested in foxhunting, but I do know several members of the local hunt, and they are not bad people. 

Personally I don't see foxhunting as any worse than angling or horseracing, neither of which interests me either, but then there's a lot of money and people involved in them, isn't there?

Correct its all about money just like the sad pathetic excuses for human beings that puff their chests out stood next to a magnificent Lion or some other creature they have just shot dead with a 50 calibre rifle from half a mile away or of course much bigger than a fifty calibre if they want just to make sure.

27 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Whilst ocasionaly horses die during racing to classify it along with hunting and chasing animals down to be killed for " Fun " is simply wrong.

• Greenie 2
  • Angry 1

11 hours ago, luggsy said:

This is what we love as well , taken at fiskerton on the river witham

He is so beautiful - I love owls. At my last house I used to hear them at night but now that I've moved I don't any more and I miss.

We have a terrible problem up here with people poisoning our birds of pray - big fall outs between landowners and the RSPB. :angry:

Edited by Tumshie
  • Greenie 1

30 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

We have a terrible problem up here with people poisoning our bird of pray - big fall outs between landowners and the RSPB. :angry:

Not a problem in the U.K but wot about the Duck hunting that goes on in the US? People sat around shooting all the poor ducks....

Then there's Malta, with 56,000 shotguns aimed at all the little passerines that fly over on migration. Don't get me started on that one!

2 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Not a problem in the U.K but wot about the Duck hunting that goes on in the US? People sat around shooting all the poor ducks....

Then there's Malta, with 56,000 shotguns aimed at all the little passerines that fly over on migration. Don't get me started on that one!

Look at what happened to the Passenger Pigeon  in the US: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passenger_pigeon

Passenger pigeons were hunted by Native Americans, but hunting intensified after the arrival of Europeans, particularly in the 19th century. Pigeon meat was commercialized as cheap food, resulting in hunting on a massive scale for many decades. There were several other factors contributing to the decline and subsequent extinction of the species, including shrinking of the large breeding populations necessary for preservation of the species and widespread deforestation, which destroyed its habitat. A slow decline between about 1800 and 1870 was followed by a rapid decline between 1870 and 1890. The last confirmed wild bird is thought to have been shot in 1901. The last captive birds were divided in three groups around the turn of the 20th century, some of which were photographed alive. Martha, thought to be the last passenger pigeon, died on September 1, 1914, at the Cincinnati Zoo. The eradication of this species is a notable example of anthropogenic extinction

11 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

Its called Nature.

Nature is how I make my living, it's my bread and butter, so I probably understand it better than most. Both the living part and the dying.

Edited by Tumshie

8 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Nature is how I make my living, it's my bread and butter, so I probably understand it better than most. Both the living part and the dyeing.

edited to take God out of dying.

Edited by system 4-50