My cratch is damp

Featured Posts

I have an unusual cratch, it is quite large and has a steel roof and enclosed with a vinyl panelled canopy. My problem is condensation, I was thinking of putting in a solar powered fan to try and circulate air in the periods I am not at the boat. Anyone got any ideas that would help?

1 hour ago, jaywalker said:

I have an unusual cratch, it is quite large and has a steel roof and enclosed with a vinyl panelled canopy. My problem is condensation, I was thinking of putting in a solar powered fan to try and circulate air in the periods I am not at the boat. Anyone got any ideas that would help?

I guess the condensation comes off the steel top? How about lining it with a bit of carpet?

the cratch area on my boat is large but with so many drafts and a wooden top there is little condensation. 

I would certainly put some insulation on the steel, but we get a lot of condensation on cold nights on the canvas cover. We use our cratch as a 'conservatory' so with the stove going, the cratch is full of hot air, likely saturated with a lot of moisture. At night we shut the cratch door and in the morning (after a very cold night) there is a lot of condensation on the canvas/window panels. Ventilation is then the best answer.