Help me identify the make and model of my boat

the blind novice

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, adrianh said:

Petrol can be had at Bath opposite side to lower wharf moorings on the river, Dundas just up the track by the water point, Bradford on Avon along Trowbridge road 1/2 mile, Hilperton near the bridge after the 2 boatyards. After that from Melksham or Seend turnpike both long walks then nothing to the garage at the top of Devizes flight or London road in Devizes. After that the next garage is a longway probably Pewsey. Some of these have restricted hours. 

That's the information I have been seeking. You have definitely earned a beer. Many thanks.

I can't see it as particularly similar to any of the suggestions being made.

The Relcraft linked to is not a narrow beam boat anyway - I'm assuming the OP's is?

It's nothing like antyBuckingham I have seen.

To be honest the very distinctive squared off rood on the OP's boat looks rather clumsy, and nothing like the more elegant roof-line of most of the commonly seen GRP boats. (I don't dislike it, but it is certainly unusual).

Are you absolutely sure it is original?  Could it be a later replacement that has been added. quite different from the original roof?

3 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

I can't see it as particularly similar to any of the suggestions being made.

The Relcraft linked to is not a narrow beam boat anyway - I'm assuming the OP's is?

It's nothing like antyBuckingham I have seen.

To be honest the very distinctive squared off rood on the OP's boat looks rather clumsy, and nothing like the more elegant roof-line of most of the commonly seen GRP boats. (I don't dislike it, but it is certainly unusual).

Are you absolutely sure it is original?  Could it be a later replacement that has been added. quite different from the original roof?

I've no idea on the boats history. So the roof design is not something I can offer an opinion on. But I'm not too concerned. Just thought if I could identify the make. There might be a owners club to join. You guys are great and I thank you for your help. See you on the water.

• Greenie 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Well the significance of the Python sketch in this thread is lost on me, unless mods have been removing Spam before I got to see it?

Snooze and you loose.

I reported the spam (an American lady selling boat building plans) to the mods and 'zap' it was gorn.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

• 1 year later...