Thoughts on this....on way now...not missing out again

Matt&Jo

Featured Posts

In a nutshell: reputable shell builder (part of Taylor Wilson I think), reputable broker, sensible price, spec. looks fine at a glance, boat looks smart.

Don't like the tube effect of the interior but that's a matter of taste; and why oh why the fake rivets?

Four years old, but in my view, a lot of money. Looks okay. VC Marine was the selling agent for our first boat. This was when the lovely, but abrupt, Virginia Currer was 'in charge'.  Go with an open mind. To be constructive and honest and in my opinion, the exterior hasn't been looked after. Check BSC, blacking etc.

What happened to your last venture?

Martyn

Edited by Nightwatch
Coz I'm too eager to judge.

I dont know if you are intending to live aboard ? if so then I would consider installing a Stove essential . Interior wise it looks pretty much as you would expect and at its age its certainly due a Blacking . I agree with Athy regarding those False Rivets , hard to understand why someone would highlight them in the Body Colour though it tends to be only seasoned Boaters who notice such detail

2 minutes ago, Parahandy said:

I agree with Athy regarding those False Rivets , hard to understand why someone would highlight them in the Body Colour though it tends to be only seasoned Boaters who notice such detail

But all that white on the side of the hull wants  painting a dark colour anyway, so they’ll soon disappear.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WotEver said:

But all that white on the side of the hull wants  painting a dark colour anyway, so they’ll soon disappear.  

Lets hope the OP doesn't see them as an attribute and Highlights them again , someone is sure to be along in a minute saying they like the False Rivets 

17 minutes ago, Parahandy said:

Lets hope the OP doesn't see them as an attribute and Highlights them again , someone is sure to be along in a minute saying they like the False Rivets 

Just to oblige - I like false rivets

In the right place

and on someone else's boat

Apart from the poor choice of exterior colours and the silly places to put falsies anyway, the interior horrifies me nothing to truly break up / contrast the whiteness of the interior. Makes the bulkheads look like cheap temporary partitions.

The current trend frighten me, because when I come to sell our  boat - all oak lined and chunky, nobody will want it... 

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

Just to oblige - I like false rivets

In the right place

and on someone else's boat

Apart from the poor choice of exterior colours and the silly places to put falsies anyway, the interior horrifies me nothing to truly break up / contrast the whiteness of the interior. Makes the bulkheads look like cheap temporary partitions.

The current trend frighten me, because when I come to sell our  boat - all oak lined and chunky, nobody will want it... 

It may be a current trend, but traditionally fitted boats still sell. Our boat had a very traditional exterior and interior, but sold for a good price.

I agree about the false rivets, the boat would look better without them.

004.jpg

002.JPG

014.JPG

34 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

Panic not, not every one does want that stark look - I for one much prefers the tradition tongue and groove look.

Not that I'm criticising the boat in the link. ?

Edited by Tumshie

For a 4 year old boat with a decent hull that is actually a very good price, I would want to have a look on how it's been put together inside and who DTS boat builders are, look like a team who buy off the shelf units and make them fit a boat.

• Happy 1

11 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Sixty thousand pounds, nearly. That's a lot of money.  

As you said earlier, yes. But a brand new one would leave little, if any, change out of £100,000. So, nearly nw at that price seems very fair to me.

3 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

This obsession with asking what everyone thinks of a boat for sale puzzles me.

I don't see it as an obsession. I see it as a person inexperienced in this field (or canal) seeking advice from more experienced and knowledgeable people. In many cases, astute members have pointed out good or bad features of a boat which the obsessee boat-seeker could not have taken into consideration or even noticed.

Fake rivets are of course quite common, but thank goodness there are not many owners who think it a good idea to pick them out in a different colour.

Unfortunately, in this case..........................

16 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Fake rivets are of course quite common, but thank goodness there are not many owners who think it a good idea to pick them out in a different colour.

Unfortunately, in this case..........................

This boat would look a whole lot better if it was black right up to and including the gunwales.

• Greenie 2

6 minutes ago, adam1uk said:

This boat would look a whole lot better if it was black right up to and including the gunwales.

Yes, that would improve it's appearance considerably, ideally with red and white tunnel bands (without rivets being highlighted), all of which is well within the scope of a reasonably practical person. The cabin colour and lining looks good, and is ready for the new owner to have a name painted onto it

27 minutes ago, WotEver said:

How much does a stove cost for purchase and installation? I note that this boat has no heating at all. 

ER, actually it has a diesel stove which drives radiators.

Okay so whent to see it, its a nice boat for sure....the weed hatch was full of rain water and there is a diesel leak in the engine but the engine itself is eat your dinner off it clean (i wont but you get my meaning) internal is basic as its alot of free standing furniture....only 1 heat source tho...no solar and hot water from bk boiler and immersion only...paint could do with some attention, blacking needed 100%.

Offer put in and refused counter offer gone in but think he wants asking price.....i dont think its that money.....