Short "Commercial" cruise.....photos

NB Esk

Featured Posts

Set off Saturday before last to push two 70 foot mud hoppers from Wakefield to the marina at Thorne.  Got a few pics along the way but not at the best bits, too busy making sure not to hit anything, lol.  Overnighted at Whitley and made it into Thorne at the end of day two, happily without any dramas.  

This is me going through the narrows at Knottingley, happily this was early evening and there were no other boats moving.

IMG_0034.JPG

This one is morning of day two, casting off at Whitley.

IMG_0039.JPG

Only hiccup was getting through the narrow bit where the old swing bridge was, on the Keadby. By the time I was lined up my back end was on the mud, lol, enjoyable though.....

• Greenie 3

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I like Whitley moorings. Nice to see at least some movement oop there :cheers:

Yes, and there's a half decent pub and takeaway up in the village.  Stopped over there before....

This was taken just before setting off from Wakefield, we'd taken one hopper barge up to Fall ings lock and moored it there overnight.  That had to be bow hauled through the lock.  Broadreach flood lock was closed, so Crt came and opened both gates for us.  Passed through Stanley ferry at around mid day and there were plenty of people out with cameras (pleased not to mess up, lol)

Does anyone have images of us passing through? Would be nice to see some from the bankside.  

IMG_0025.JPG

• Greenie 1