Help save our mooring !

norman18grp

Featured Posts

Dunno, I only heard about it through the disparaging, and divisive, commentsin this thread.

I have saved and passed on similar hulls in the past, as well as wooden narrow boats.

I know a number of people who would have gladly spent time and money on a hull such as this.

Just because it's not your thing doesn't make it worthless.

If everybody had that attitude then president would be coke cans, cutty sark would be shovelled into a skip and we'd all be driving round in 2 year old Vectras.

I understand why people get pi--ed off with this forum. You presume that I have no interest, and yet you know nothing about me. I've worked for years on classic cars and have saved more than a few from the scrapyard. My point is that there ARE many vessels out there that need to be removed as they are, frankly, wrecks. Perhaps this one wasn't, but no-one saved it and it is, ergo, a wreck now! People who want yto save older vessels - such as yopurself - will do so, and more power to your arm, but it's no good that the overall tone of this forum is that of pontificating that everyone should do so, as some people DO want a new shiny boat (mine isn't btw) so more power to them as well. We can't all be the same, but just because you've been around in canal circles for years doesn't set you above others who haven't. Life ain't like that old son.

Rant over

I understand why people get pi--ed off with this forum. You presume that I have no interest, and yet you know nothing about me. I've worked for years on classic cars and have saved more than a few from the scrapyard. My point is that there ARE many vessels out there that need to be removed as they are, frankly, wrecks. Perhaps this one wasn't, but no-one saved it and it is, ergo, a wreck now! People who want yto save older vessels - such as yopurself - will do so, and more power to your arm, but it's no good that the overall tone of this forum is that of pontificating that everyone should do so, as some people DO want a new shiny boat (mine isn't btw) so more power to them as well. We can't all be the same, but just because you've been around in canal circles for years doesn't set you above others who haven't. Life ain't like that old son.

Rant over

I'm not setting myself above anybody. I'm not suggesting that people should be expected to save classic boats, cars or anything. I'm quite happy to share the canals with any kind of boat whatsoever and make no judgements about them whether they are in a boat like mine or a £100k washer josher. I didn't start the pontificating or judgemental tone, I reacted to it.

I signed the petition 1 minute after this thread was first posted.

The point I was trying to make was that if you make judgements about other people, boats or anything then this is divisive and just the sort of thing BW want.

Rant over

Err... I thought this thread was about linear moorings?

:smiley_offtopic:

Ian

Thank you Ian, I agree.

Can we get back onto the subject of our thread which is about online moorings and nothing to do with historic boats being saved etc.

No actually He was making a point of why should we be evicted off our moorings when you have unlicenced boats or unsightly boats who will moor in our space if BW get their way.

Now Peeps take your discussion to another topic please.

:smiley_offtopic:

Lisa

Edited by LisaG1

370765600_ace0b8e835.jpg

Sawley cut moorings

So Bw think our boats moored online (the left bank) are a problem to navigation ? :smiley_offtopic:

What do you think ? if you think they are as mad as we do make sure you have signed our petition !

I suppose when we have gone there will be plenty of room for those unlicensed boats which Bw seem

to prefer to be moored on our waterways

489551041_f719c42fd2.jpg

Unofficial moorings on the Beeston canal

Bw seem fine with them ?

470327039_f147e56216.jpg

This boat was seized by Bw from an illegal mooring

They moored it at Sawley back water and left it there till it sank and polluted the river

it stayed in its sunken state for months ;)

save our mooring

And I maintain: The originator of the thread raised the point. My response was not off topic because your campaign can only be damaged by divisive posts like this.

I think the point lisa is trying to get across is that the moored boats at sawley and beeston are paying thear way and are an easy target for BW to enforce their "laws" were as the boats in the pic which i know havent got any sort of permit or lic to moor were they are they are not being evicted as for the sunk boat that boat has not had any sort of lic for years

Thing is, Ian, it was the person who started the thread who went off topic.

I know what I was saying Carl ;)

But who said

It's difficult to tell but the boat in the picture looks like a 1930's Silver, a particularly fine and restorable hull. Destroying this boat didn't punish the person who abandoned it, just deprived the waterways of another potentially beautiful historic boat.

I think this is where things went off topic :smiley_offtopic:

Was the sunken boat in question not on linear moorings ?

Was the boat an eyesore ?

Was the boat bringing the quality of our moorings down ?

Would you not think that people who complain about online moorers are more likely to complain about boats like that or those on the Beeston canal near Thane Rd or on the Nottingham canal outside Sainsburys ?

I'm sure you have such boats in your part of the world !

Do you think the average Hire boater can tell the difference between unofficial and official online moorers ?

I don't ! I wonder how many return to their bases and complain about online moorings ?

We all get tarnished by the same brush !!!

I'm sure the Hire companies pass their complaints on to Bw .

Money talks and large commercial operations carry alot of weight with Bw !

So I think my comments are completely on topic , anything that brings online moorings into disrepute affects our cause !

Oh and by the way my name is Simon you'll find my name at the bottom of my posts :o

But who said

Would you not think that people who complain about online moorers are more likely to complain about boats like that or those on the Beeston canal near Thane Rd or on the Nottingham canal outside Sainsburys ?

Do you think the average Hire boater can tell the difference between unofficial and official online moorers ?

I don't ! I wonder how many return to their bases and complain about online moorings ?

So I think my comments are completely on topic , anything that brings online moorings into disrepute affects our cause !

Oh and by the way my name is Simon you'll find my name at the bottom of my posts :D

Ouch. :o

Dunno, I only heard about it through the disparaging, and divisive, commentsin this thread.

I have saved and passed on similar hulls in the past, as well as wooden narrow boats.

I know a number of people who would have gladly spent time and money on a hull such as this.

Just because it's not your thing doesn't make it worthless.

If everybody had that attitude then president would be coke cans, cutty sark would be shovelled into a skip and we'd all be driving round in 2 year old Vectras.

Its still there Carl i am sure that if you contacted BW and offered to pay the 6/7 years back dated lic and mooring fees on this craft they would gladly let you have it

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/SawleyCutMooring

But who said

Don't know, but I'll take your word for it.

Depends on your perspective. I'd be intrigued and interested in it's history.

In my opinion it was adding an item of interest.

Are you suggesting a common enemy?

Yep. Got two myself thanks. And I love them.

Nope, me neither and I'm not qualified to judge.

There you go again with that common enemy.

I think I was also entitled to find your disparaging comments worthy of a response.

Oh and by the way my name is Simon you'll find my name at the bottom of my posts :o

Hello Simon.

If BW win this fight, liveaboards who cannot find alternative moorings and, owing to work/school commitments, are unable to move away to find suitable moorings and are unable, financially or otherwise to find accommodation off the river will be forced to bridge hop and break the rules until an appropriate mooring is found.

Not judging anyone by the state of their boat, position of their mooring (as long as it's safe and not inconveniencing others) or how long they've been motionless, I won't be twitching the nets, sniffily saying "how many weeks has that been there!" but there are plenty who will .

I don't know the personal circumstances of the overstayers in your area, nor am I interested, nor is it any of my business but, if some of the people in your campaign are forced to join them, will you be treating them differently because you know their story? Or will you be publishing photos of their boats and condemning them?

THERE BUT BY THE GRACE OF GOD (or whoever) GO I!

Edited by carlt

:smiley_offtopic: A Big Thank you to all 216 of you who have signed so far

* Christopher Kirk

* Colin N Hardwick

* PAUL ALLEN

* Frank M Robinson

* Adrian Hudson

* Peter Foster

* Lisa Grainger

* Dave Grainger

* MARTIN BILLS

* John Lewendon

* Neal fryer

* barry simpson

* ray carvin

* frank hollman

* Jim Tate

* Peter Cockerton

* Adrian Godfrey

* chris scoot

* Chris James

* peter summerton

* Margaret Kent

* Stuart Orwin

* carl taft

* Jason Wilson

* christine burgess

* Gary Stacey

* David Roberts

* IAn Chew

* Richard Allingham

* les dunham

* Matt Hupfield

* Julie Groves

* Dennis John Cornish

* Allyson proudfoot

* Alan Law

* Bernice Leigh

* Alastair Dent

* Angela Cluley

* Dr Stephen Edwards

* Richard Fletcher

* pamela boyle

* Mike Beveridge

* Lisa Marie Trump

* Ralph Claydon

* gill groves

* Adam Porter

* IAN ALDRIDGE

* Ian Smalley

* Megan Lloyd

* mary cartwright

* Anthony Smetham

* stephen fahey

* Kevin Howell

* PAUL MITCHELL

* Tim Young

* Neil Adcock

* michael banyard

* Ken Keegan

* Carole Ripley

* Andy Burke

* tony Collins

* Bruce Napier

* Scott Mitchell

* Paul Scott

* Nicholas Cooke

* Allan Bagot

* fabian rose

* Jack Greaves

* Jolyon Rose

* Janet Stansfield

* R Ford

* Andrew Fitton

* Ernie Williams

* VICTOR

* Ann Vernon Griffiths

* Christopher Davies

* David Warsop

* Leslie Wood

* Louise Dickinson

* Bernard Steadman

* denis boyle

* Allan White

* kev wilson

* Gary Abbott-Rea

* Duncan Thomson

* Sbastian Rose

* keith smith

* Adam Massey

* Chris Burton

* sue parry

* David Bowell

* Nick Cull

* Lynne Tyers

* Jon Knight

* Bronwen Mitchell

* Nicholas geaves

* Michael Biggs

* Richard Muir

* annette knight

* Sarah Bailey

* Alison Hughes

* Steve Hayes

* David Burdett

* Clive Waller

* Sarah Tomoum

* Robert Hall

* graham mawby

* Kim Grainger

* chris bowley

* Ken Bailey

* Stephen Smyth

* PAM RICHMOND

* James F. Harris

* Derrick Howarth

* Eve Parker

* Brian Unsworth

* Jim Batty

* Ivan Elllis

* James Wood

* David Pokhan

* alan siddall

* Bob Hall

* Gavin Bolton

* Vivienne Scragg

* Andy Parnam (boatsandcanals.com)

* Kate Beswick

* mark crompton

* Andrew Craig Pritchett

* Kate Snell

* Andrew Sampson

* Phil Oldham

* Michael Clayton

* Lawrence Oatway

* Kate King

* Mike Rudge

* Roger Pickett

* Chris Fitton

* Ian Thornton

* jim barrett

* Julie Hayter

* keith cranna

* Maurice R Brown

* Charles Colbourn

* keith kennaugh

* Stephen Cross

* Paul Hughes

* Lawrence Booth

* John Slee

* Andy gibson

* Peter Marr

* Brenda Fitzgerald

* Neil Matthews

* Karen Betts

* richard noel edwards

* Lynne Taylor

* John T.Pitman

* Chris Gibbs

* Billy Smith

* Peter Hines

* stephen drye

* tracy spivey

* Joseph Parry

* Nickoli Wilde

* Jill Shepherd

* Simon Watts

* Matthew Albery

* Mr. Stuart Clive Sleigh

* Glenn Brown

* Jocelyne Vanner

* Andrew Smyth

* Pauline Smyth

* Pat McMahon

* jackie foale

* Callum Wardle

* Steve Britnell

* Kenneth Powell

* Mick Holland

* Collin Chrystie

* Colin Priestley

* Donald Haigh

* Alan Peacock

* Dorothy Unsworth

* Caitlin Grainger

* Dick King

* Andrea Still

* RAY RIGBY

* Alan John Taylor

* Chris Thompson

* jason young

* Tim Hackett

* Adam W

* Alan Saunders

* m.wright

* Sue Pierce

* lsb

* Ellen Carlin

* Mercedes de Dunewic

* Joanne Murfin

* r bird

* Brian L Dominic

* Roger Whitworth

* Daniel L Pitman

* Michael Daking

* Steve Wood

* Trevor Kenworthy

* J Molloy

* Emma James

* Neil Fazakarley

* PAULINE VISGANDIS

* GRAHAM BARNETT

* Mrs. Sheila Wilson

* Alex Morford

* aaron oakey

* mark robinson EX employe of bw

* Julia Gibert

Just had an e mail from Narrowboatworld.com, they have mentioned Sawley and Beeston moorings petitions.

When you sign the petition it will only be completed when you click the link via the e mail that will be sent to you. If the e mail does not arrive to you have a look in your spam/junk folder or try again.

We are trying to stop BW from taking all online moorings across the system so we do need your signatures please.

Lisa

:)