Help save our mooring !

norman18grp

Featured Posts

Looks like everyone has forgotten us at Beeston......I hope you are satisfied Lisa....<sobs quietly>

I'm sure you don't mind really ;)

All publicity Helps our cause , which is your cause, which is everyones cause !

we are posting and emailing the link all over so I hope the numbers go up

I'm sure there are people out there who think this doesn't effect them but one day somehow it will :o

Keep the faith Neil

P.s. I think Lisa is getting her beauty sleep , She'll get you back tomorrow though :smiley_offtopic:

P.p.s. BEESTON-BEESTON-BEESTON-BEESTON-BEESTON-BEESTON-BEESTON-BEESTON-BEESTON !!!

I'm sure you don't mind really :o

All publicity Helps our cause , which is your cause, which is everyones cause !

we are posting and emailing the link all over so I hope the numbers go up

I'm sure there are people out there who think this doesn't effect them but one day somehow it will :D

Keep the faith Neil

P.s. I think Lisa is getting her beauty sleep , She'll get you back tomorrow though ;)

P.p.s. BEESTON-BEESTON-BEESTON-BEESTON-BEESTON-BEESTON-BEESTON-BEESTON-BEESTON !!!

Twas only jestin. :smiley_offtopic:

We is big boys on this cut :0)

Edited by Neil.A

Hi neil there is a problem at beeston with that nosey old curtain shifter across the road whos allways on the phone as soon as somebody lights a fag and a couple of boats you know which ones :smiley_offtopic:

Hi neil there is a problem at beeston with that nosey old curtain shifter across the road whos allways on the phone as soon as somebody lights a fag and a couple of boats you know which ones :smiley_offtopic:

I know the bloke Denis and he's ok with the long term moorers. Its the unlicensed ones on the 14 day he has grief with. Running generators after the curfew, rubbish on the banks, Barking dogs etc. As the General Manager of East Midlands Waterways Says "The problem of unlicensed craft is a very important, but entirely seperate issue."

Gotta get me one of those jobs, then with the other 39 hours of the 40 hour week......

Edited by Neil.A

370765600_ace0b8e835.jpg

Sawley cut moorings

So Bw think our boats moored online (the left bank) are a problem to navigation ? :smiley_offtopic:

What do you think ? if you think they are as mad as we do make sure you have signed our petition !

I suppose when we have gone there will be plenty of room for those unlicensed boats which Bw seem

to prefer to be moored on our waterways

489551041_f719c42fd2.jpg

Unofficial moorings on the Beeston canal

Bw seem fine with them ?

470327039_f147e56216.jpg

This boat was seized by Bw from an illegal mooring

They moored it at Sawley back water and left it there till it sank and polluted the river

it stayed in its sunken state for months ;)

save our mooring

Edited by norman18grp

470327039_f147e56216.jpg

This boat was seized by Bw from an illegal mooring

They moored it at Sawley back water and left it there till it sank and polluted the river

it stayed in its sunken state for months :smiley_offtopic:

save our mooring

It's unrelated but an abandoned boat is not the same as an unlicensed boat.

It's difficult to tell but the boat in the picture looks like a 1930's Silver, a particularly fine and restorable hull. Destroying this boat didn't punish the person who abandoned it, just deprived the waterways of another potentially beautiful historic boat.

A campaign to preserve these boats, and stop them being broken up, is as valid as your fight to save your mooring.

That said, I did sign your petition some time ago. Good luck!

Actually the boat in the picture was an unlicenced boat which moored for months at Cranfleet, until the owners decided that they should abandon it half sunk. It moored unlicenced around Trent Lock area before mooring at Cranfleet.

Actually the boat in the picture was an unlicenced boat which moored for months at Cranfleet, until the owners decided that they should abandon it half sunk. It moored unlicenced around Trent Lock area before mooring at Cranfleet.

I don't doubt it's recent history, but if it is subsequently abandoned, but safe, then I see nothing to be gained from destroying it. The boat doesn't choose to be unlicensed and doesn't, subsequently, choose to be abandoned. If it has a viable hull which can be restored then it is doing no harm being left to wait for a willing restorer. Bear in mind what to some may be an eyesore, to others is a beautiful, classic, carvel cruiser hull that could have, one day been brought back to life.

dmac.jpg

I'm sure mayalld will be excited about this intitative! As always BW does things opposite to what they say they will. I'm totally against the removal of online moorings, especially in this sordid underhand way that BW is using.

Yes it is part of the charm. Removal of the online moorings is a charter for speedsters. There are actually few people who want online moorings removed but the 'controlling' boater elite as usual get their way. I didnt campaign to have the canals restored, back in the 1970's, to have this sort of rubbish foisted upon us. Its not what we want.

I agree with the petition regarding removal of online moorings and have signed it, but what's this cr-p about controlling boater elite? Who are they then?

I agree with the petition regarding removal of online moorings and have signed it, but what's this cr-p about controlling boater elite? Who are they then?

apparently people who think stricken historic boats are ugly and think they have less right to riverspace than clonecrafts.

apparently people who think stricken historic boats are ugly and think they have less right to riverspace than clonecrafts.

I hate to say it, but do you seriously think anyone's going to save this? If the owners wanted to preserve it surely they would have already?

I hate to say it, but do you seriously think anyone's going to save this? If the owners wanted to preserve it surely they would have already?

Maybe the owners have preserved themselves instead? Perhaps they were descendants of Jeremy Bentham? :smiley_offtopic:

Edited by fender

Just waiting for my confirmation message to come thrhough and I will have duly signed. I've put it on the forum I moderate for so that should hopefully add some more signatures for you.

I really hope you can save it. It's abismial of BW to do this. Almost like now marinas are here, let's cram em all in as tight as and get rid of all the riff raff. Disgusting.

Well it's a bit late now but hulls of this kind are very durable and usually savable.There are plenty of people out there who want to preserve and restore our historic craft, rather than put an order in for yet another clone craft.
Maybe the owners have preserved themselves instead? Perhaps they were descendants of Jeremy Bentham? :smiley_offtopic:
I imagine it would be an honour for them.

Well it's a bit late now but hulls of this kind are very durable and usually savable.There are plenty of people out there who want to preserve and restore our historic craft, rather than put an order in for yet another clone craft.I imagine it would be an honour for them.

so where were they when this one went down then??

so where were they when this one went down then??

Dunno, I only heard about it through the disparaging, and divisive, commentsin this thread.

I have saved and passed on similar hulls in the past, as well as wooden narrow boats.

I know a number of people who would have gladly spent time and money on a hull such as this.

Just because it's not your thing doesn't make it worthless.

If everybody had that attitude then president would be coke cans, cutty sark would be shovelled into a skip and we'd all be driving round in 2 year old Vectras.