Diesel prices

rawsondsr

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, The Bearwood Boster said:

There is only one place where you HAVE to buy diesel-Turners at Wheaton Aston :D.

Or Hawne Basin - the canal trust is very competitive in their pricing of diesel and its a nice backwater to get there. But beware Ghosty Hill tunnel is much lower than it first appears and the bridge into the basin is even lower!!

22 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Trouble is, prices vary regularly so list are rarely up to date. The diesel factory link is a good example, some of those prices are from 2015!

I think anyone can update the prices on that list?

but the list does give a general idea and you can compare between them to work out who I are the rob dogs.

23 minutes ago, Richard T said:

Or Hawne Basin - the canal trust is very competitive in their pricing of diesel and its a nice backwater to get there. But beware Ghosty Hill tunnel is much lower than it first appears and the bridge into the basin is even lower!!

Yes this is my local choice. They will happily fill jerry cans if you go there by car too.

36 minutes ago, The Bearwood Boster said:

There is only one place where you HAVE to buy diesel-Turners at Wheaton Aston :D.

I will always fill up there when I can. Jerry cans and all.

worth a look around the shop too. Blue Loo stuff is cheap and I got a chimney brush for a third of the price a marina would charge. And he does coal at a good price. Top bloke. 

3 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Trouble is, prices vary regularly so list are rarely up to date. The diesel factory link is a good example, some of those prices are from 2015!

If people sent updates when they bought diesel it would be much better. I always do.

3 hours ago, Goliath said:

I think anyone can update the prices on that list?

but the list does give a general idea and you can compare between them to work out who I are the rob dogs.

Just send in a email, it is normal to get  at hank you message in 24 hrs

3 hours ago, Richard T said:

The bridge into the basin is low. I can remember it taking 45 minutes to get the historic pair, Atlas & Malus, out onto the cut. Ghosty Hill is much as described by Richard T - lower than it first appears.

52 minutes ago, Sanddancer said:

Anybody suggest a good place Leicester area

Ta

Sileby has never been expensive and you can declare what your split is, unlike Pillocks Lock Marina where you have no choice - which may be contrary to HMRC rulings.

Rugby Boats has been 69.9p for the last 9 or 10 months, the owner cant see the point in upping and lowering a couple of pennies very few weeks and the wholesale price hasnt changed that much in 12 months. Its still the cheapest price for miles around, and has a good throughput as gardeners, local road workers, grass management people, and farmers pop along and fill up too..

5 minutes ago, Allan(nb Albert) said:

The bridge into the basin is low. I can remember it taking 45 minutes to get the historic pair, Atlas & Malus, out onto the cut. Ghosty Hill is much as described by Richard T - lower than it first appears.

The tunnel, of course it is, it starts high then drops very low, then another high bit, then another lower bit.

The bridge at hawne is only tight as it is on such a sharp corner and the winding hole tends to be a bit shallow - especially for us 70 footers.

8 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

If people sent updates when they bought diesel it would be much better. I always do.

Just send in a email, it is normal to get  at hank you message in 24 hrs

Exactly -- if more people sent updates, the whole thing would be better.

8 hours ago, matty40s said:

Pillocks Lock Marina where you have no choice - which may be contrary to HMRC rulings.

It's not.  HMRC said retailers can offer a fixed split if they want to -- as long as they make that clear at the start.  If you don't want to accept that, go elsewhere.

Turners and Norbury Junction are usually around the same price. I would go for Turners every time, he deserves the business for supporting boaters for years. He no longer sells petrol, suspect his tanks are old and didn't want the expense of new ones. But everything else like grease, oils  and Blue and lots of spares for boats and bikes are also competitively priced.

I have always found it best to fill the tank when I need diesel whatever the price. If I am passing somewhere that is very very cheap I find it impossible to get any in the tank if its already full. Much the same when I come to think of it with putting petrol in the car.

4 hours ago, kawaton said:

Why not start a list here? with a sticky

State place, price and date.

When anyone gets diesel they check here......

copy previous list,

paste into new post

add the new/amendment

submit

just a thought

But there is already a list, the link was in the first post

3 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

But there is already a list, the link was in the first post

True Brian but if there was one pinned ont forum it could be instantly updated by anyone who could be bothered at any time and probably be more in date as it were? That one says updated 3rd december? and which december?

Edited by mrsmelly
  • Greenie 1

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

True Brian but if there was one pinned ont forum it could be instantly updated by anyone who could be bothered at any time and probably be more in date as it were? That one says updated 3rd december? and which december?

Its been updated this month

8 hours ago, adam1uk said:

Exactly -- if more people sent updates, the whole thing would be better.

It's not.  HMRC said retailers can offer a fixed split if they want to -- as long as they make that clear at the start.  If you don't want to accept that, go elsewhere.

Is this really so, if I want some diesel for 100 percent propulsion, HMRC are ok if someone insists on only charging me a 60/40 split.

3 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

So why does it flash updated on 3rd December :blink:

I have no idea, maybe you could ask the chap who maintains it.

4 minutes ago, Phil. said:

Is this really so, if I want some diesel for 100 percent propulsion, HMRC are ok if someone insists on only charging me a 60/40 split.

Yes, because its up to you whether you buy it under that agreement, if you do you agree you are using your diesel at 60/40