New Content button stopped working

Featured Posts

A few days ago the New Content button (thing that looks like a sheet of paper with a corner folded down) that usually applies my various filters and then shows all the latest posts, stopped working. For several days now it just says there are no new posts to show. But I can tell from the forum front page that there should be new posts. What's happened please and how can I fix it?

Welcome to the exclusive club apparently consisting of you, me and Haggis ?

I'm having to use the Unread content option, set to 1 day and saved as a custom activity stream. Rich was working on it but can't make it happen to his machines.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, BlueStringPudding said:

A few days ago the New Content button (thing that looks like a sheet of paper with a corner folded down) that usually applies my various filters and then shows all the latest posts, stopped working. For several days now it just says there are no new posts to show. But I can tell from the forum front page that there should be new posts. What's happened please and how can I fix it?

A workaround is mentioned in the post Bruce submitted above. 

For anyone having this issue, it possible to provide the URL (web address) for the activity stream that's not working as it should? It will look like the following:

canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/discover/1xx

Thanks

52 minutes ago, RichM said:

For anyone having this issue, it possible to provide the URL (web address) for the activity stream that's not working as it should? It will look like the following:

Thanks

Needless to say, it's just worked for me, but here's the URL:https://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/discover/10/

Mine is https://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/discover/77/

It appears to be treating "last visit" as the time of the current visit, as it often shows one thread, updated in the last minute, which is possibly the few seconds between the home screen and changing to the above one.

Another problem is that a modified stream ("Updated in last 1 day") isn't saved. Although it is displayed once modified, it's gone when I next open the site.

1 hour ago, Iain_S said:

Another problem is that a modified stream ("Updated in last 1 day") isn't saved. Although it is displayed once modified, it's gone when I next open the site.

I was fooled by that until I realised it was now listed at the bottom of the My activity part of the drop down under Custom streams. I've now saved the link to my iPad Home page to save faffing about.

Just found them, as per Bruce's post. Was fooled by the default one being shown on the banner, and not the rest f them.

Next question how do I delete a custom stream? (Don't really need multiple copies!)

20 hours ago, RichM said:

Thanks

https://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/discover/131/

On 25/04/2018 at 19:21, RichM said:

Ok, is it possible to try changing time period from last visit to any period? Your last visit could have been 5 minutes ago. (for example) 

Not sure why "Since my last visit" wasn't working when my last visit was 24 hours ago rather than 5 minutes ago. 

Just changed that to "Any time" (or something similar) and some content has now appeared, thanks :)