Why today?

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

Superb sunny summers day this morning and no wind. Set off just before 7 and passed all the boats that passed us in the pouring rain yesterday ? Tied up for the day at 1030. Its clouding over and winds getting up now so they will all be setting off soon I reckon ?

Edited by mrsmelly

We moved from Market Drayton to Audlem today. Passed maybe 4 moving boats on the 16 locks we did. Been lovely and sunny with the odd two minute shower thrown in. Had a couple of drinks outside the Fly, was sunny and quite warm. Wind up now though. We like Audlem.

Edited by ianali

1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

I painted my bottom a few hours back, it will be raining soon,and my bottom is still soft!

My bottom is being painted at the moment as well but it is undercover, which is a good thing as Mrsmelly is winging his way towards my neck of the woods with his monsoon in tow.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rickent said:

My bottom is being painted at the moment as well but it is undercover, which is a good thing as Mrsmelly is winging his way towards my neck of the woods with his monsoon in tow.

Just did another hour this afternoon and my cloud is hovering but ok at the moment.

• Greenie 1

On 24/04/2018 at 16:49, Dr Bob said:

Hang on clever dick! (!!!!! ?), If you are moving, you will see more boats moving in the opposite direction to you plus more stationary boats but less boats going in the same direction as you. I could write an equation but my brain would start to hurt. Overall, almost certainly the equation would favour the moving boat if there are lots of parked boats.

Reductio ad absurdum proof:

If you moved at the speed of light then you could (depending on route) manage to see all boats (moving or not) on the same day.

Not moving at all, you will only see those boats that pass a particular point- in particular you will only see moving boats

Moving at 2 mph you will only see a small fraction of them, some of them moving and some of them not.

Assuming that the relationship is an increasing function (monotonic) then the faster you go the more boats you will see.

9 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

Assuming that the relationship is an increasing function (monotonic) then the faster you go the more boats you will see.

But not, presumably, if they're all traveling in the same direction as you and at the same speed. :)