Slim washing machine

dunfixing

Featured Posts

Hi, we have just replaced our small washing machine, with a slimline top loader, fits in the same space as the studio machine.

the wife is over the moon, now she can wash 6kilo’s at a time and it has 1200 spin speed.

life is good.

8C4FBD5F-1FEB-4CB7-AE91-AB8A7B084B1C.jpeg

Edited by dunfixing
  • Unimpressed 1

Perhaps you could cite the make, if it is so good, as some of us might care to investigate it.

I cvan remember my Mum getting our first electric washing machine in nineteen-hundred-and-starved-to-death and it was a top-loader. 20 years later almost every machine on the market was a front-loader, a fashion which has persisted ever since. Is the wheel beginning to go full circle again?

Actually, if OP reads the instructions carefully [there are cartoons for the less literate, you will discover that all sexes can use all washing machines. 

Are you the kind of guy that gets the wife a new steam iron for her birthday, by any chance?

Edited by LadyG
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Actually, if you read the instructions carefully [there are cartoons for the illterate, you will discover that all sexes can use all washing machines. 

Are you the kind of guy that gets the wife a new steam iron for her birthday, by any chance?

Ow!! Savage.

• Happy 1

4 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Actually, if you read the instructions carefully [there are cartoons for the illterate, you will discover that all sexes can use all washing machines. 

Is this aimed at me? If so, why?

I am intrigued by your reference to "all sexes". Life must be exciting in your part of the world.

I am not the kind oif guy who would refer to Mrs. Athy as "The wife".

Edited by Athy

5 minutes ago, LadyG said:

....you will discover that all sexes can use all washing machines. 

Impossible !!!

You Barmpot !!!!!

'The wife' wanted some of those long pointy toed 'fashion' shoes - I said "NO, - you will not be able to get close enough to the sink"

You do know why women get 'married in white' ?

"Most domestic appliances come in white"

Edited by Alan de Enfield

24 minutes ago, Athy said:

Perhaps you could cite the make, if it is so good, as some of us might care to investigate it.

I cvan remember my Mum getting our first electric washing machine in nineteen-hundred-and-starved-to-death and it was a top-loader. 20 years later almost every machine on the market was a front-loader, a fashion which has persisted ever since. Is the wheel beginning to go full circle again?

1958: omg 65 years ago, I remember it well, lol The Coronation, TV for the middle classes.   Advertising on TV nationwide. The top loader was killed off by that advert comparing the superiority of the rotating drum versus "wishy washy paddle action"

The twin tub [Hotpoint] was a classic.

Edited by LadyG

15 minutes ago, Athy said:

Is this aimed at me? If so, why?

I am intrigued by your reference to "all sexes". Life must be exciting in your part of the world.

I am not the kind oif guy who would refer to Mrs. Athy as "The wife".

No no, not aimed at our good self, I was having a flashback to my early days of marriage, [it did not last long]. Most memorable birthday present was a TEASMAID, you could not make it up.

He used the horrid expression "The Wife" once too often 

I packed his stuff in his car, threw him out of my house, but he came back for the Teasmaid.

PS contrary to rumours on this forum, , it was NOT MtB.

Edited by LadyG

5 minutes ago, LadyG said:

No no, not aimed at your good self, I was having a flashback to my early days of marriage, [it did not last long]. Most memorable birthday present was a TEASMAID, you could not make it up.

I packed his stuff in his car, threw him out of my house, but he came back for the Teasmaid.

Well that's a relief. I could not see that I had said anything out of order.

My Dad once bought my Mum a Teasmade because she asked for one as a present. It was of my doing. When I lived at home, for years I used to take a tray of tea up to parents' bedroom each morning. Once I had fled the nest, of course one of them had to do it themselves, hence the Teasmade request.

So they didn't need to make it up; the Teasmade did that for them.

Edited by Athy

1 minute ago, LadyG said:

No no, not aimed at our good self, I was having a flashback to my early days of marriage, [it did not last long]. Most memorable birthday present was a TEASMAID, you could not make it up.

Ahh nowts changed much. My youngest daughters husband played those silly computer  games that children play nowadays and you grow out of. Well she would return home from work most days and he would be playing them whilst sat waiting for her to get home from work to cook evening meal. Anyway she mentioned it and asked him several times over several months to cut it down a bit all to no avail. They live in Cornwall. She came home one evening and he was there playing some silly pooter game so she packed him a suitcase and threw his xbox etc inthe car and told him to get in which he duly did. She then drove him the 200 miles or whatever it is to his parents house in Bournemouth and dropped him off with his mother and that was that ? Not funny realy and can you imagine the atmosphere in the car all that way!!

1 minute ago, LadyG said:

I don't think so :)

Not, I'm sure, in the old sense of sploshing about at the lavoir by the river with stones or whatever the peasants used to use. But I load our washing into the drum. I take it out the next morning and hang it up. It's only that bit in between that the machine does for me.

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Ahh nowts changed much. My youngest daughters husband played those silly computer  games that children play nowadays and you grow out of. Well she would return home from work most days and he would be playing them whilst sat waiting for her to get home from work to cook evening meal. Anyway she mentioned it and asked him several times over several months to cut it down a bit all to no avail. They live in Cornwall. She came home one evening and he was there playing some silly pooter game so she packed him a suitcase and threw his xbox etc inthe car and told him to get in which he duly did. She then drove him the 200 miles or whatever it is to his parents house in Bournemouth and dropped him off with his mother and that was that ? Not funny realy and can you imagine the atmosphere in the car all that way!!

I think that she made her point, successfully. She was pretty generous to be fair, I think I would have driven him to the nearest motorway motel :), but then I have had time to gather my wrath. 

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

Not, I'm sure, in the old sense of sploshing about at the lavoir by the river with stones or whatever the peasants used to use. But I load our washing into the drum. I take it out the next morning and hang it up. It's only that bit in between that the machine does for me.

I thought you were married?

• Angry 1

6 minutes ago, Athy said:

Gosh, I'm impressed .......................