Captains chairs

rawsondsr

Featured Posts

35 minutes ago, rawsondsr said:

Any recommendations for good comfy chairs that dont cost the earth!

seen them range from £150 to £1500 - are they really 10 times better?

27 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

I don’t particularly like the look or name of captains chairs (sounds a bit pretentious!) so we went for Ikea Poang chairs. Cheap, robust and very comfortable. Various colours/ different types of cushions etc available.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/collections/poang/

A second vote for the Ikea ones, I was going to swap mine for a recliner, but it's served me well since 2005 and it seemed a shame to change it.

1 hour ago, rawsondsr said:

Any recommendations for good comfy chairs that dont cost the earth!

seen them range from £150 to £1500 - are they really 10 times better?

In short the expensive ones are ten times better. Having owned everything from ikea to wilsons over the years and refusing to pay out for ekorness stressless we bought some mint  ones seconhand on fleabay that had been 1200 quid each for iirc 400 quid the pair two years ago and the difference in finish and leather quality and comfort is remarkable.

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We also have the Ikea Poang chairs, bought for 30 quid each with the basic cushion about a year ago so we could decide if we liked them before buying the leather cushions at about 100 quid iirc. Still using the stock versions! 

Us too!! The joy is that they come flat pack, easy to get onboard, easy to assemble, and because there is space underneath don't look as if they are taking up much room.  They are very comfortable.

Morning, if the Poang chair is floating your boat pop over to the for sale section - I have a couple going for a very reasonable cost -  Free !!

Dog and cat not included (well I'd let you have the cat but my good lady would object)

poang free.JPG

5 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

We've been using the Poang for a year and they are ok but only just. Two weeks ago we got our new ones from Elite. £800 each...oooouch!........but luverly. Far better. £700 better? Not sure but far better. I think it is worth it.

Does this mean you will change your forum name to Capt’n Bob?

Edited by nicknorman
  • Haha 1