Forum Software Upgrade

RichM

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

:( Awww...... no point in having nice new mojies if I can't share them with my friends. 

Stick to the old ones, they seem to work still:D.

PS. I am on linux and beer.

Edited by rusty69
  • Happy 1

Does anyone receive email notifications of new posts? Obviously not as no one has mentioned these really stupid "you may be interested in" additions to the bottom of every post. I reported it in post 3.... but no response. It is a right pain scrolling through the same 4 items from RichM. I am sick of seeing his Enertainment for boaters on the Llangollen. How do you turn it off?

7 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Does anyone receive email notifications of new posts?

Do you mean you recieve an e-mail to threads you follow? If so, you can probably change it in the notifications menu. Account,Account settings, Notification settings.

Edited by rusty69

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

Do you mean you recieve an e-mail to threads you follow? If so, you can probably change it in the notifications menu. Account,Account settings, Notification settings.

Yes on the emails. These are like adverts at the bottom of each post in an email but it has been the same 4 adverts - all RichM's stuff- which takes an age to scroll through. No option to turn it off that I can see. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Yes on the emails. These are like adverts at the bottom of each post in an email but it has been the same 4 adverts - all RichM's stuff- which takes an age to scroll through. No option to turn it off that I can see. 

I have just started following this thread, so will look at my e-mail and report back.

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I have just started following this thread, so will look at my e-mail and report back.

Ok, so here is a post that should trigger an email. 

Trigger!   Now what was he in?

Oh yes, Winnie the Poo.

Edited by Dr Bob

Just now, Dr Bob said:

Ok, so here is a post that should trigger an email. 

Trigger!   Now what was he in?

Yep.Got e-mail with all suggestions on the bottom

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

Can't see a way to turn it off in settings without turning off the notification altogether.

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Now, that looks really good and if it was a different 4 each email then ok.....but it is the same 4 time after time after time.....and worse on a mobile phone. Com'on Rich, do something about it.

14 hours ago, RichM said:

The Emojis should be native to the device you're using

What!  I didn't think my device had any native emojis. I thought they were all migrant workers from CWDF. I suppose I'll have to give them the right to stay now.

Except for this chancer, who only appeared recently.:apple: Claiming political asylum. Lunatic asylum more like.

48 minutes ago, haggis said:

Same here, Bruce. What have the two of us done to deserve such treatment? ?

haggis

In your case, it’s probably Queen Nicola’s internet firewall somewhere near Gretna that she uses to censor all information coming from Englandshire so she can get away with blaming everything on Westminster. It must be upsetting the forum data stream.

Edited by nicknorman
  • Greenie 1

1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

In your case, it’s probably Queen Nicola’s internet firewall somewhere near Gretna that she uses to censor all information coming from Englandshire so she can get away with blaming everything on Westminster. It must be upsetting the forum data stream.

Well there must be a hole in the firewall somewhere near Carter Bar, then, because my data stream is OK, thank you.

I have enabled & re-configured the re-captcha anti-spam feature, meaning that we're now using the new invisible version. ?

For those who don't know, "re-captcha" prevents spammers targeting the site, often by asking you to make specific inputs to verify that you're not a robot. The new version is invisible ? and works entirely behind the scenes so that you don't have to do anything. 

That is it, at least in principle. Any issues, let me know and I will be on it.

Cheers

Rich

1 hour ago, RichM said:

I have enabled & re-configured the re-captcha anti-spam feature, meaning that we're now using the new invisible version. ?

For those who don't know, "re-captcha" prevents spammers targeting the site, often by asking you to make specific inputs to verify that you're not a robot. The new version is invisible ? and works entirely behind the scenes so that you don't have to do anything. 

Cheers

Rich

Still not happy about the '"you may also be interested in......." additional rubbish that is at the end of each post when sent in an email notification. I must be the only one using this notification system but it is a real pain on a mobile phone. This is the 3rd time I have mentioned it and no response from you to date.

On 29/04/2018 at 16:22, RichM said:

Cheers

Rich

I am a robot and it totally fails to detect me.