Forum Software Upgrade

RichM

Featured Posts

There still seems to be some questions about the new forum software update so I thought I would put it to my own in house technical support team,

But......... He got distracted by Harry Potter.

E.T. Remove a photo of my dog watching Harry Potter on my MacBook Pro.

Edited by Tumshie
  • Haha 1

On 24/04/2018 at 08:50, Dr Bob said:

Does anyone receive email notifications of new posts? Obviously not as no one has mentioned these really stupid "you may be interested in" additions to the bottom of every post. I reported it in post 3.... but no response. It is a right pain scrolling through the same 4 items from RichM. I am sick of seeing his Enertainment for boaters on the Llangollen. How do you turn it off?

When dealing/responding to issues, I go through topics such as this and pick out priority issues or matters and deal with those. Then when time permits, we go through the ones that were less critical. Unfortunately we do have things to attend to outside of Canal World too.

The email issue is related to the featured topics functionality which we have not used for some months. As such, the functionality in relation to it is disabled but for some strange reason it is still featured within the email notifications you received. I have made a further change to try and resolve that. Please advise if the matter persists.

17 minutes ago, RichM said:

When dealing/responding to issues, I go through topics such as this and pick out priority issues or matters and deal with those. Then when time permits, we go through the ones that were less critical. Unfortunately we do have things to attend to outside of Canal World too.

The email issue is related to the featured topics functionality which we have not used for some months. As such, the functionality in relation to it is disabled but for some strange reason it is still featured within the email notifications you received. I have made a further change to try and resolve that. Please advise if the matter persists.

Thanks Rich. Problem is now solved. My moan was because I didn't know it was being sorted. Thanks again.