Forum Software Upgrade

RichM

Featured Posts

Just now, Tumshie said:

Top right hand corner - View New Content. ?

Oh yeah ? thats what I use all the time just there are so  many flippin abbreviations used for everything now I am losing the will to live. TTFN.

25 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

:D?:cheers:?:blush:?;)?

It's just the new ones that are smaller.  :detective:

What new ones?  Where are they?:unsure:

Sorry about that. My machine was completely ignoring me.

Edited by Mac of Cygnet

4 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

? I had to scroll down through all of them before I got to our original ones. I'm on all Apple - MacBook Pro and iPhone If that makes a difference. 

:huh:

9 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Sorry about that. My machine was completely ignoring me.

I see that bug hasn't been fixed in the new release then!

2 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Well hopefully it is fixed. But no, you don’t have to delete all cookies, just the ones from CWDF. You do this by going Settings...Safari... Advanced...Website data. It takes a while to load and there will be a lot of cookies to scroll through (not alphabetical, unfortunately, but by size) but you can delete the data (ie cookies) for a specific website given a bit of time. Left swipe to delete once you’ve found it.

Edit: hmmm in my case, the data for CWDF was near the top at 9Mb, which seems a lot! Presumably the cache as well as the cookies.

Yes, I know that, but Rich was talking about clearing the cache which, as had been said, is a different thing. Anyway, the problems back, it's as if the app isnt recording when my last visit was or something. I shall try clearing the cookies and se what transpires.

I have had a mixed bag of accessing the forum today too 

It is sometimes fine just like it used to be but other times I am getting the no new messages message. When I do get access later I find that the "no message"  message was incorrect. 

It is the same on both my PC and my phone which seems to suggest that it is not cache related 

Haggis 

Edited by haggis

10 minutes ago, BruceinSanity said:

Yes, I know that, but Rich was talking about clearing the cache which, as had been said, is a different thing. Anyway, the problems back, it's as if the app isnt recording when my last visit was or something. I shall try clearing the cookies and se what transpires.

Nope, cleared website data for canalworld.net, logged back in and got "no new messages". It's tedious but not impossible, just means using an activity stream for Unread and one day old.

Oh, and some of the new emojis don't appear either, just get a blank rectangle.

So far, deeply unimpressed with the "upgrade".

2 hours ago, Tumshie said:

? I had to scroll down through all of them before I got to our original ones. I'm on all Apple - MacBook Pro and iPhone If that makes a difference. 

:huh:

Just the boxful of usual ones when I click on the emoji symbol in the toolbar of the reply box.  Using a Windows 8 tablet.  Those tiny new ones are no good to me anyway - I can hardly see them! :wacko:

Just now, Mac of Cygnet said:

Just the boxful of usual ones when I click on the emoji symbol in the toolbar of the reply box.  Using a Windows 8 tablet.  Those tiny new ones are no good to me anyway - I can hardly see them! :wacko:

I wonder if it's because you're using Windows. The emojis I see are the same ones I see on my iPhone & iPad.   

:unsure:

1 hour ago, haggis said:

I have had a mixed bag of accessing the forum today too 

It is sometimes fine just like it used to be but other times I am getting the no new messages message. When I do get access later I find that the "no message"  message was incorrect. 

It is the same on both my PC and my phone which seems to suggest that it is not cache related 

Haggis 

I think I have narrowed down the VNC issue a few have reported. Oddly it only seems to affect users who have custom VNC settings aka Activity Streams. The default settings seem to work OK but I understand some people get unexpected behaviour when using custom settings or so it appears from the testing I've done.

A possible workaround is to click "All activity" at the top > My Activity Streams > Click "View New Content" at the top and then (if you wish) tick the small green tick box towards the top left-hand side of the page to make it default. (Screenshot attached) If someone could also test this that would be great.

We've reported the matter to Invision as we don't think this is expected behaviour but hopefully the above should be a workaround for the moment.

workaround2.png

Edited by RichM

1 hour ago, Tumshie said:

The emojis I see are the same ones I see on my iPhone & iPad.

I take that back - I now have toddler drawn emojis :(

Nope - now they're back - this is a fun day! ?

Edited by Tumshie

4 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Well there you go - I didn't know that. 

Thats cos everyone is concentrating on some Greek bloke who killed a small (mythical) dragon. The true patron saint of England,should of course, be Mr Bill Shakespeare (brother to Bill Shatner)

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

Thats cos everyone is concentrating on some Greek bloke who killed a small (mythical) dragon. The true patron saint of England,should of course, be Mr Bill Shakespeare (brother to Bill Shatner)

Here whats wrong with mythical beasties. There will be no killing of small green mythical beasties. :o

That Shatner bod was Canadian so he couldn't be Shakespeare's brother - there was no Canada back then. :P