How to sell my Thorneycroft 154?

Billlion

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Bee said:

I bought 4 engines not running. Every single one was a worn out pile of old iron. I also owned 2 Allegros, a Fiat 128 where the front chassis leg broke off when I used the brake, a J4 van that steered itself into random things, a Ford Thames van with no front floor, oh the list goes on and on. Not much I don't know about engines and machinery...........sob.

Owning an Allegro is criminal, but 2?????

• Haha 1

I bought a Springer narrow boat on a residential mooring when I was young. No out of water Survey  and the Lister CE hand started engine (that I couldnt start).  It was also way over priced. The residential mooring was in heaven and living on it was some of the best times in my life. Eventually I changed to a slightly more modern air cooled Lister. The boat was ugly but it was my home and I loved her and I eventually took it cruising. I expect some might say the Springer is the Austin Alegro of the canal world.

8 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I have done the same with vintage engines. I had no idea whether the Gleniffer or the Samofa were runners when I bought them. 

The Skandia clearly wasn't once you had bought it and put it in a boat!

19 minutes ago, Iain_S said:

I take it you never tried the back seats?

"Ideal for the young man about to start a family"? Oh no that was the Austin Maxi!!

Just now, alan_fincher said:

The Skandia clearly wasn't once you had bought it and put it in a boat!

You know I discovered and fixed the noise problem just before the final big end failure? 

Most annoying....

On 22/04/2018 at 08:37, cereal tiller said:

I bought mine when it had been in a Sunken Boat for 3 Months and then left in a Yard for 6 Years seized Solid..

Was Cheap though....

Mine had been sunk for 2 years...(Armstrong Siddeley AS3)

I also bought the sunken wooden boat wrapped round it.

Motored them both 200 lock miles home after freeing up the engine without it missing a beat.

It even stopped smoking after a few months.

The last sentence is a lie.

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...