Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Featured Posts

So, we are real ale drinkers but not Camra members, and note that "they have narrowly rejected plans to widen the organisation's remit to be the voice of all beer, cider and perry drinkers" at their AGM today. We're quite pleased to hear this news, and are thinking of joining the Campaign.

• Greenie 1

It is good news, but I am surprised by the "narrowly": I don't think I have ever met a narrow CAMRA member.

39 minutes ago, Athy said:

It is good news, but I am surprised by the "narrowly": I don't think I have ever met a narrow CAMRA member.

Oh, yes you have.  My girth, my boat and my squeak (did I ever tell you about that?) are all narrow.  Only my mind is broad.

• Greenie 1

17 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Oh, yes you have.  My girth, my boat and my squeak (did I ever tell you about that?) are all narrow.  Only my mind is broad.

Ah yes. Old age is when one's broad mind and narrow waist swap places, so they say.

At least they were brave enough to  ask their members which way should they go. I wish  some of the canal associations would do the same

On 21/04/2018 at 21:36, jeanb said:

So, we are real ale drinkers but not Camra members, and note that "they have narrowly rejected plans to widen the organisation's remit to be the voice of all beer, cider and perry drinkers" at their AGM today. We're quite pleased to hear this news, and are thinking of joining the Campaign.

Do you have all the requirements, ie: you are male with a beard and beer belly and you always wear socks when you go out wearing sandals.

Seriously, CAMRA have lost the plot.

Yes, back in the 1970s it was a necessary campaign but they have been overtaken by events in the wider brewing industry.

I read elsewhere (can't recall exactly where) that it was a postal or online ballot but required a 75% vote in favour and they only managed 73/74% so it was a narrow defeat indeed, and apparently they had a high response rate.

1 hour ago, Sapphal said:

Didn't realise that CAMRA used AGMs. Do they have beer engines to charge them?

No the use the glass mat to absorb spilt beer :) (given up using proper emoji's, they cause my Android phone and tablet to lock up)