Winding at the top of Walsall flight

Pete of Ebor

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, Tom and Bex said:

Looks like it would be quite tight but might be possible. Why not just wind at Birchalls Junction?

We're aiming to go to Walsall for a lunchtime stop. I'm debating whether it's worth taking the boat down the 8 then back up again after lunch, or leaving it at the top and walking down. Leaving it at the junction is further to walk. Suppose we could try to wind, and if we can't then it's down and up again.

Personally I'd be very wary about leaving a boat unattended, or stop overnight at either the junction or top of the locks - and we're normally quite happy to moor in most areas.

Bottom of the locks or Walsall basin would be fine - my preference would be the basin itself. Nice place to moor, and the locks are quick and easy to work, definitely well worth a visit. 

2 hours ago, Tom and Bex said:

Personally I'd be very wary about leaving a boat unattended, or stop overnight at either the junction or top of the locks - and we're normally quite happy to moor in most areas.

Bottom of the locks or Walsall basin would be fine - my preference would be the basin itself. Nice place to moor, and the locks are quick and easy to work, definitely well worth a visit. 

Top of the locks should be OK. The single visitor mooring is gated.