rookie question - propane tanks

Wittenham

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

We looked at a house in braunston 2 years ago built circa 1995. All seemed ok . Then went to check heating. 6 by 19 kg gas bottles all attached with auto changeovers. I enquired how long does a bottle last? In winter 4 days. Made my excuses and left.

We have Calor gas in our house for cooking, and a 'log burner' in the lounge (central heating & water heating by oil) but have a 1000 litre gas 'cylinder', a 'fill' (20% to 85%) lasts around 12 months. The tank automatically phones Calor at 20%, and they refill to 85% max - to allow expansion).

My father is totally Calor Gas and uses the 47kg bottles (about £62 each) with a bottle lasting about 3 weeks (maybe a little less if the central heating is on 24/7 as it was in the 'cold spell' as few weeks ago)

Bought a house in another village which had a gas line from russia... easier as its been let out.

when we sold our cottage ( 1700s) in napton we had this couple round

what are they i dont like them ?’ 

beams they hold up the next floor’. ‘

hm dont like them they would have to go, did you get them from homebase?

second question whats the big tank

‘Heating oil’

oh thats silly ill get that removed and get it from the street.

at that point i asked the estate agent to terminate the viewing.

they didnt come back

• Haha 1

No we priced it in groats and they haggled in florins. We got drunk on the proceeds in flagons. We put all the groats into new fangled idea called canals and made a fortune until some bloke decided to create something called the permanent way with iron horses.

unfortunately  later we bought into a music system called  8 track, and video called beta. Thats why we are now impoverished boat dwellers.

if id kept that house im sure it would now be worth a few sovs.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Im sure if i put a few bob on the thousand guineas ill have enough to buy it back lend me a tanner

I'd lend you a tanner but I have had a skinfull.

Edited by system 4-50