Magnetic Fishing

robtheplod

Featured Posts

22 hours ago, bizzard said:

A hooge outdood loud speaker magnet is my magnet. I drilled and tapped the centre and screwed in an eye bolt for the rope.  It has a big catchment area and never fails to rescue things. Iven , for a laugh I even towed my cousins 40' narrowboat with it without it coming off.

001.JPG

Dunno who told you that's a speaker magnet, I reckon that's a limpet mine.

1 minute ago, ditchcrawler said:

For those who do Facebook there is a chap pulling out 2 safes and now hanging around waiting for the police to arrive. 

Do you know the link gives your Gmail account out? If not an issue then please ignore this

On 20/04/2018 at 21:05, rusty69 said:

Question

1.If you lose your magnet, are you able to retrieve it with another magnet,or will it be repelled?

2. If magnets were made of Stainless Steel would they still work?

Q1. Yes you can. Some years ago lost a windlass so bought a Sea Seacher to fish for it. Second cast let go of line and lost magnet. Bought another one and went back the following weekend to try again. Recovered both windlass and original magnet. Now have 2 Sea Searchers

• Happy 1