Sequoia Table Leg System??

Richard10002

Featured Posts

Anybody use this system for their saloon table? Is the permanent base with its' cap fitted intrusive and/or a trip hazard at 1.2cm high, or is it not really noticeable?

"Floor base cap included for insertion into floor bases when tables are not in use, this makes the sequoia base 12mm from the floor when installed."

http://chippysworkshop.co.uk/campervan-tables/item/sequoia-table-leg-aluminium-base-system

5 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

Looks similar to the very common Desmo system except Desmo can be had in all metal so less chance of breakage.

Desmo legs have been used for years for tables and some skipper's chairs. I know which I would use.

I'm considering both types, and I've read a few threads here and elsewhere, where there seem to be at least a couple of irritating issues with Desmo legs:

1) Sticking in the floor socket or table socket - potentially falling off and doing personal harm.

2) Space under the floor for the recessed base - there could be ballast or cross members in the way, and not easy to find out until the hole is drilled.

hence my question about the Sequoia.... the base screws straight onto the floor, but is raised gradually to 12mm at the centre. Legs are locked with a twist.

I guess I'm looking for someone who has used them, and can either report that they are the dogs danglies, or that they wished they had never heard of them, got rid of them, and replaced with the older trusted Desmo :) 

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, starman said:

I’m looking at the surface mounted Sequoia set up as I have a steel kelson under my floor right where I want to put a table leg base! Anyone tried it?

Have you considered offsetting the table legs (but not necessarily the table top) to one side so you can fit the standard Desmo floor socket?

16 hours ago, starman said:

I’m looking at the surface mounted Sequoia set up as I have a steel kelson under my floor right where I want to put a table leg base! Anyone tried it?

We have a Desmo on the boat and a Sequoia in our camper. There's very little to chose between them regarding performance. The advantage of the Sequoia is that it doesn't need a recess under the floor.

Steve