Private linear mooring close to Liverpool

blythecooper

Featured Posts

On 4/19/2018 at 19:08, TheBiscuits said:

If you are prepared to gamble, I'd say declare yourself a continuous cruiser when your current mooring expires.  CC'ing on the L&L (indeed all the Northern waterways) is a very different experience to the Southern waterways - there are miles and miles of empty towpath, and plenty of facilities.

We have just overwintered on this exact stretch and know it well.  Particularly from Haskayne - Tarleton - Wigan you can can easily comply with CC rules and see many different places.  If it is starting to seem hard work by the end of September you can take a winter mooring either at one of the marinas or a CRT online one, or you could then buy a mooring in the local area.

CC'ing was quite tempting, but I'm starting a Social Work MA in Sept so am anticipating the prospect of moving every fortnight becoming less and less appealing the closer my assignment deadlines get! Plus I've got a cat, who is quite nervous... I know she'd prefer a permanent mooring!

• 9 months later...
On 19/04/2018 at 17:45, TheBiscuits said:

Burscough Bridge moorings would be a convenient place to get into Liverpool (Burscough Junction station straight into Liverpool.)  Have you seen the site? It isn't rural at all - you are just outside the town centre.

Here is the site:

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.6026705,-2.8437522,92a,55.6y,10.17t/data=!3m1!1e3

The private mooring I saw vacancies at this week is located here:

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.6068033,-2.8682655,96m/data=!3m1!1e3

The ones on the fields mentioned earlier are here:

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.5853926,-2.7541969,370a,35y,6.44t/data=!3m1!1e3

Far and away the best for what you want would be Sparks Bridge near Rufford, but hen's teeth spring to mind.  Nobody ever leaves it!

I am looking for home mooring round there..

15 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

I wonder what the OP eventually decided, this thread being 9 months old.  Or perhaps they (sensibly) don't want to advertise where their unattended boat is?

Sadly CRT does not offer many spots for 60ft length boats few and far between, on the Leeds and Liverpool Canal. A private mooring would save me a lot of hassle.

Worth looking at the links above think there were some at gorst Lane when we were looking last year.  

Scarisbrick Marina ? Crooke Hall marina plus the marinas at rufford. 

Might be worth talking to the local  mooring manager. She was quite helpful when I spoke to her.

10 hours ago, jonathanA said:

Worth looking at the links above think there were some at gorst Lane when we were looking last year.  

Scarisbrick Marina ? Crooke Hall marina plus the marinas at rufford. 

Might be worth talking to the local  mooring manager. She was quite helpful when I spoke to her.

Its either Rufford for me or Liverpool Marina as a 60ft 12.6 widebeam CRT seems to lack home moorings for this size

5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Its either Rufford for me or Liverpool Marina as a 60ft 12.6 widebeam CRT seems to lack home moorings for this size

Have you actually spoken to the moorings manager?  They can and do "make space" on available moorings for boats - don't just rely on the sizes displayed on the Waterside Moorings website.

There are certainly quite a few boats of comparable size moored online between Liverpool and Parbold.

18 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Have you actually spoken to the moorings manager?  They can and do "make space" on available moorings for boats - don't just rely on the sizes displayed on the Waterside Moorings website.

There are certainly quite a few boats of comparable size moored online between Liverpool and Parbold.

Cheers mate I will enquire

Hi, glad you're hanging on in there. We are still cruising but iced in at present. Move on tomorrow hopefully. We are in Braunston, near water and gas supply. Not the best place to be stuck, but there are worse places I guess. We have been on the move frequently during the past months. Coventry, Warwick Banbury Leamington Spa. Going up to Derby area heading for dry dock in April. Booked in ready to go. Don't want to rush about.

all the best Martyn n Margaret.