Featured Posts

A dog and cat were found abandoned on nb cockney rose moored at saxelby, Lincs, by me on Saturday. The boat was ankle deep in faeces and I couldn't breathe for the stench of urine. Animals both starving and skeleton thin. RSPCA informed, pretty bloody useless. If anyone knows the owner of this boat then give them a kick where it hurts from me. Dog taken to safety but cat still there as far as I know.

1 hour ago, Machpoint005 said:

I'm no animal lover but I think this is rather unfair!

If we add "in this particular case" it may be justified.

Mac has written what I was thinking; perhaps Sean, despairing of ever getting the boat shipshape again, sold it. I didn't check how long ago the news item happened.

Oh, thank you Tim for this report and for your caring action, and welcome to CWDF.

1 hour ago, Machpoint005 said:

I'm no animal lover but I think this is rather unfair!

I've called the RSPCA twice now about horses left tethered in canal side fields with no shelter. The first time I got a call back telling me what action they had taken, the second time a call back telling me to phone their HQ rather than local branch. 

4 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

This report just doesn't fit with the OP, although it is the same boat.

certainly an odd sequence.

dog discovered and removed by OP on saturday

boat found to be missing monday evening

boat found trashed and missing dog later on monday evening

3 minutes ago, Athy said:

If we add "in this particular case" it may be justified.

Mac has written what I was thinking; perhaps Sean, despairing of ever getting the boat shipshape again, sold it. I didn't check how long ago the news item happened.

Oh, thank you Tim for this report and for your caring action, and welcome to CWDF.

the news story is from todays news, apparently happened last night

13 minutes ago, Jess-- said:

the news story is from todays news, apparently happened last night

Thank you. Now that does take some fathoming. Best not to speculate I suppose; either the whole story will eventually be revealed, or else we'll be none the wiser.

Edited by Athy

19 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Rescued dog, weeks of faeces on floor and RSPCA alerted so owner moved it a bit and  invents joyride story to blame mess on others and avoid animal neglect charges. ..????

It is strange, there was a bit more on Look North tonight, they filmed on the boat, yes it's been quite well trashed, but there was no mention of faeces on the floor, or any mention of the smell. There are, however, photos of the boat going through Lincoln, which one would assume are now with the police.

1 minute ago, Kev's Halcyon said:

It is strange, there was a bit more on Look North tonight, they filmed on the boat, yes it's been quite well trashed, but there was no mention of faeces on the floor, or any mention of the smell. There are, however, photos of the boat going through Lincoln, which one would assume are now with the police.

there does seem to be some weird overlap in timings

according to the OP the dog was taken on saturday
according to the boat owner and others the boat was taken early yesterday evening and was found a few hours later, went 5 - 6:30 found before 1 AM (1 am facebook post giving details) dog and cat apparently missing
by 9 am the owner knows that the dog is safe and has been taken in by a lady but he doesn't have contact details
at 11:44 a new user here (giving their location as Evesham) posts the message that started this thread saying that they took the dog on saturday
at about 12:00 Lincoln cat care contacted the owner to let him know they had his cat

various news sources have been involved now including the local bbc tv news, having seen the footage shown (after the boat was trashed) it doesn't fit with the OP's description, despite everything being all over the place the underlying floor etc looked to be relatively clean (certainly not ankle deep in sh*t)
Inside the boat

As far as I can see there are 2 nb's registered under the name Cockney Rose.  CRT No's 70697 and 515094.  Could the confusion because the OP's post is about one and the media story is about the other.  One hell of a coincidence though that both would be in the same area.  Another thought (the cynic in me) is that the OP might be trolling the forum?  New member based supposedly on the other side of the counrty, strange topic to kick off with, lots of conflicting reports....

Just a thought

Edited by JJPHG
Can't spell!!

6 minutes ago, JJPHG said:

As far as I can see there are 2 nb's registered under the name Cockney Rose.  CRT No's 70697 and 515094.  Could the confusion because the OP's post is about one and the media story is about the other.  One hell of a coincidence though that both would be in the same area.  Another thought (the synic in me) is that the OP might be trolling the forum?  New member based supposedly on the other side of the counrty, strange topic to kick off with, lots of conflicting reports....

Just a thought

The cynic in me feels the same. Definite trolling attempt, and pretty pathetic in the face of photographic evidence. I suspect there is more to this tan meets the eye 

• Greenie 1

8 hours ago, JJPHG said:

As far as I can see there are 2 nb's registered under the name Cockney Rose.  CRT No's 70697 and 515094.  Could the confusion because the OP's post is about one and the media story is about the other.  One hell of a coincidence though that both would be in the same area.  Another thought (the cynic in me) is that the OP might be trolling the forum?  New member based supposedly on the other side of the counrty, strange topic to kick off with, lots of conflicting reports....

Just a thought

8 hours ago, zigspider said:

The cynic in me feels the same. Definite trolling attempt, and pretty pathetic in the face of photographic evidence. I suspect there is more to this tan meets the eye 

No need to be cynical as several people ourselves included saw the state of the boat and the animals on Saturday and Sunday. The picture of the dog is not a recent one!

The story this guy is telling isn't the whole truth and the boat has been cleaned up from what we saw at the weekend before allegedly being "stolen" by the youths who were seen driving it on Monday.

12 hours ago, Jess-- said:

there does seem to be some weird overlap in timings

according to the OP the dog was taken on saturday
according to the boat owner and others the boat was taken early yesterday evening and was found a few hours later, went 5 - 6:30 found before 1 AM (1 am facebook post giving details) dog and cat apparently missing
by 9 am the owner knows that the dog is safe and has been taken in by a lady but he doesn't have contact details
at 11:44 a new user here (giving their location as Evesham) posts the message that started this thread saying that they took the dog on saturday
at about 12:00 Lincoln cat care contacted the owner to let him know they had his cat

various news sources have been involved now including the local bbc tv news, having seen the footage shown (after the boat was trashed) it doesn't fit with the OP's description, despite everything being all over the place the underlying floor etc looked to be relatively clean (certainly not ankle deep in sh*t)
Inside the boat

That isn't what the inside of that boat looked like on Saturday and Sunday.

20 hours ago, Timujin2 said:

A dog and cat were found abandoned on nb cockney rose moored at saxelby, Lincs, by me on Saturday. The boat was ankle deep in faeces and I couldn't breathe for the stench of urine. Animals both starving and skeleton thin. RSPCA informed, pretty bloody useless. If anyone knows the owner of this boat then give them a kick where it hurts from me. Dog taken to safety but cat still there as far as I know.

The police incident number for this is 473 April 16.

The more people that report the real situation the more chance of finding out what really happened!

4 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

No need to be cynical as several people ourselves included saw the state of the boat and the animals on Saturday and Sunday. The picture of the dog is not a recent one!

The story this guy is telling isn't the whole truth and the boat has been cleaned up from what we saw at the weekend before allegedly being "stolen" by the youths who were seen driving it on Monday.

That isn't what the inside of that boat looked like on Saturday and Sunday.

So is the boat you saw on Saturday the same one as in this pic? That then rules out multiple boats?