Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Parahandy

Drinking Beer , Favourites & Bargains on the High Street

Featured Posts

It's certainly raised its profile. In the 1970s I used, for over a year, to walk past its office in an ordinary house in Alma Road, St. Albans, on my way to work, and although I was a beer drinker I had no idea what CAMRA was.

I suspect that having achieved it's original aim, CAMRA is now floundering. All the people I knew who were members in the 1970's are now old men, and I doubt that they are being replaced by many younger people. It has had it's day, and should now rest on it's laurels, whilst it still has some!

Edited by David Schweizer

Certainly, whereas in 1978 it was uncommon to see a real ale pump in a pub, 40 years on it's uncommon not to - and often two or more. So, like UKIP, it has achieved its aim and could now be seen as irrelevant.

Have some of those 1970s members had sex changes? CAMRA was always, I think, open to both males and females.

2 hours ago, David Schweizer said:

I suspect that having achieved it's original aim, CAMRA is now floundering. All the people I knew who were members in the 1970's are now old men, and I doubt that they are being replaced by many younger people. It has had it's day, and should now rest on it's laurels, whilst it still has some!

You make it sound like an Alcoholic version of UKIP David :D Apologies Athy . I think I would rather see it expand its spectrum of interest rather than disappear , the trouble is of course that when you start to dilute the Gospel you end up being all things to all men .

Edited by Parahandy