Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Featured Posts

13 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

Good on you. Not sure I could have persevered. But pets are pets and we do our best. With Georgie boy my best wasn't enough. Well done.

Thank you, but the truth is I'm a stubborn ba***rd who doesn't like to be beaten.  :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Thank you, but the truth is I'm a stubborn ba***rd who doesn't like to be beaten.  :rolleyes:

So is your dog :D

2 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

So is your dog :D

Yup.

They do say that dogs and their owners get to behave like each other after a while (mind you I haven't started chasing motorbikes yet). :D

Edited by cuthound

Sydney was good as gold at the vets last night. Didn't mind being prodded and poked.

He is under weight. The vet would like to see him put on another 1.2kg which would put him at around 7kg which he reckons is about right for his breed and size.

He has sore skin which the vet reckons is just because he has been in dirty conditions and scratching a lot. He thinks that will calm down as we get him cleaned up and thankfully he thinks the smell is not dog smell but cat urine smell so he should with a few more baths start to smell a bit more pleasant.

He has a cat bite on his rump which is sore so he is on a course of anitbiotics to clear up any infection. Clever little sod is not going to take the tablets mixed in with his food and refused to take it covered in butter or jam this morning. So it is the old head up and make him swallow it trick.

The vet said that overall he is not in too bad condition and will scrub up to be a nice dog. He is back in ten days for a check up and to get his next jab and worming tablet and microchip and then we need to decide when he is going in for his bits dealing with :blink::wacko:

On 16/04/2018 at 16:58, Dr Bob said:

Eeeeeeeeeejut! You dont keep chickens on a boat.:P

A couple of years ago we passed a narrowboat breasted up with an ex BW workflat which had been converted into a floating chicken coop.

Are you thinking of insurance. Lots of people don't and save the money into a pot for 'that rainy day'. One of our JRTs had a knee issue that needed an op. We had insurance,but it would have costed us £1300 or there abouts. That's a lot of monthly premiums. 

Personal choice of course.

22 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Are you thinking of insurance. Lots of people don't and save the money into a pot for 'that rainy day'. One of our JRTs had a knee issue that needed an op. We had insurance,but it would have costed us £1300 or there abouts. That's a lot of monthly premiums. 

Personal choice of course.

Yes we have insured him and we are joining a scheme at the vets where you pays so much per month and get annual vaccinations, worming treatments, flea treatments, health check up, nurse appointment, and various other bits and bobs. When you add up the individual prices it works out a very good deal. 

Insurance and the vets monthly fee will be less then £20 a month so worth doing. 

Lovely surgery as well. Laid out with pets in mind and the staff were very friendly and helpful. 

We were expecting a big bill at the end of the consultation as we were not yet registered customers but they only charged us for the antibiotics!

Edited by Naughty Cal