Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Featured Posts

Hiya Sidders. Hope you like sitting under tables in pubs.

You look lovely and at home. Get your sea legs asap.

We took him for a short cruise yesterday and he seemed happy enough on the boat. 

Not sure what he will make of a blast down the Trent or being at sea though! Guess we will find out soon enough. 

Need to find out if he can swim as well before too long.

He'll be able to swim, how well is another issue. George the Staffie was useless. Just his snout visible whilst his legs were going like the clappers.

Hes a beaut innitt. A boat without a dog is a miserable boat. Cats and gerbils are also ok :)

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

... A boat without a dog is a miserable boat. ... :)

Cobblers!  A boat with a dog is smelly and hairy and full of people with an agenda that is driven by the (need to walk the ) dog.  :)

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Hes a beaut innitt. A boat without a dog is a miserable boat. Cats and gerbils are also ok :)

He will look a bit different when we pick him up tonight. He's had short back and sides today :)

Just need to get some meat on him now as under all that fluff he is skin and bones.

Give us 6-8 weeks and he will look a different dog. 

Hopefully the vets check up on Thursday won't show up any hidden nasty surprises.

5 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

Cobblers!  A boat with a dog is smelly and hairy and full of people with an agenda that is driven by the (need to walk the ) dog.  :)

At least ours won't be hairy. It doesn't shed :D

• Happy 1

If there is any doubt at all about his swimming abilities, and particularly on rivers, I would strongly recommend a suitable life jacket.

It's not just about flotation, but the good ones also usually feature a strong handle that allows you to lift them out like a suitcase.  OK, yours is a small dog, but they can b surprisingly hard to get out.  Our big Lab is an excellent swimmer, but trying to haul him out where there is a high side is a very different matter!

27 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

What about a duck?:)

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Gerbils are nice between two pieces of bread. :ninja:

Lovely pooch BTW.

Edited by Ray T
  • Haha 1
  • Horror 1

Just now, Dr Bob said:

Eeeeeeeeeejut! You dont keep chickens on a boat.:P

I do. I've got chicken for dinner. 

19 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

What about a duck?:)

Oh yes of course ducks deffo count!!

• Greenie 1

10 minutes ago, Ray T said:

Gerbils are nice between two pieces of bread. :ninja:

Granary of course.

• Haha 1
  • Horror 1

What a cracking doglet.. heres to many adventures together 

He looks lovely, even though he isn't a proper dog. You don't have to bend down to stroke a proper dog :P

Is he a rescue, and if so do you his history?

I`ve been put off further by having a dog on board after this last week. One of my sons and his family Springer Spaniel were with us for a week. The dogs insistence in being behind you at every turn (dangerous for a 70+ not so agile soul like me!)  and the fact that he continued his habit when at our home, in peering into the fish pond in the hope I assume in catch one, meant that he continually hung overboard in a perilous manner, either bow or stern whilst underway, obviously waiting to catch that fish. Some attempts were made to catch floating flotsam. I am a nervous wreck.

3 hours ago, cuthound said:

He looks lovely, even though he isn't a proper dog. You don't have to bend down to stroke a proper dog :P

Is he a rescue, and if so do you his history?

No idea of his history.