Toilet flush valve thingy?

Featured Posts

Hi All,

I have just re-positioned my pump out toilet but after disturbing the pipework now find the flush vale thingy is leaking it seems through the bottom outlet pipe whatever that is for??? should there be a pipe coming from the other outlet pipe can you buy or recon this unit any suggestions as always very much appreciated ;)

valve 007.jpg

Could you be more specific about where the leak is coming from? Is it from the blue tube (which looks like an inlet from the arrows)? If you have disturbed the pipework - is the leak just from  the joint to the tank (is that a tank?). What did you dismantle?

3 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Could you be more specific about where the leak is coming from? Is it from the blue tube (which looks like an inlet from the arrows)? If you have disturbed the pipework - is the leak just from  the joint to the tank (is that a tank?). What did you dismantle?

No Dr Bob its definitely coming from the top of the valve nothing dismantled the picture was taken after i removed the valve for inspection into the leak its just sitting on my sink drainer ;) thanks for the link Brian :cheers:

13 hours ago, Chas78 said:

No Dr Bob its definitely coming from the top of the valve nothing dismantled the picture was taken after i removed the valve for inspection into the leak its just sitting on my sink drainer ;) thanks for the link Brian :cheers:

Does it only leak when laying down? that doesnt surprise me as its an anti siphon valve to let air in, it is not meant to work laying down but standing up straight. Put it back on and see if it leaks, it probably wont. :D 

It leaked when in situ ie when vertical i never tested it horizontal it was lying on my sink drainer for picture purposes only i have now acquired a nearly new valve so all good no leaks . 

1 hour ago, Tony Brooks said:

Thee has been a spate of these leaking. I wonder if its limes cale and if letting it sit for a day or so submerged in lime scale remover might work.

Good idea Tony i never thought of that ;) i did think if it could just be replaced buy an anti drain back vale of some sort instead of this over complicated set up :mellow:

5 minutes ago, Chas78 said:

Good idea Tony i never thought of that ;) i did think if it could just be replaced buy an anti drain back vale of some sort instead of this over complicated set up :mellow:

Me too. If a double check valve is good enough for UK domestic use why not on a boat?