Has Spring Sprung?

Victor Vectis

Featured Posts

We have just had summer in the midlands.  Moored in one of our favourite locations, canal like a mirror, and just been watching an owl hunting it the field opposite.  Does not get much better, but I am easily pleased I guess.

It's definitely been a nice spring day down here. No coat, just the one thin jumper as I pegged out my washing in the sunshine. My plum and cherry trees are in blossom, there are buds on the apple and pear trees, and unfortunately the lawn's really growing now. Birds are singing a bit, but being Croydon birds they're not much bothered, I think they just shrug their little shoulders and go "Wotever". I just came in after an hour or so of digging over more of the vegetable garden, hopefully I'll have lots of veg seedlings happily growing by the time I go off for my first bit of boating of the year in a few weeks from now. But they'll probably die off from lack of watering while I'm away, as me connecting up my water butts has started a drought.

Today I have traversed the southern section of the Shroppie for the first time this year and some of the trees in the cuttings are starting to show leaf, albeit the majority of trees are still bare. The lovely weather made it very pleasant.

19 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Suffolk and just made the fire up

Funny enough I have been consuming some of your excellent Suffolk Beer , Adnams , does it get any better ?

Don't we have a Beer Thread on here ?

Edited by Parahandy
  • Love 1

Just now, Parahandy said:

Funny enough I have been consuming some of your excellent Suffolk Beer , Adnams , does it get any better ?

Adnams is ok for sprinkling on chips,but for proper beer you need to come to God's own county.

Especially, Huddersfield.

• Greenie 2

29 minutes ago, MartynG said:

Looking at the forecast for next week I would say spring may well have arrived and its well over  a month late. 

Just look and they are saying rain in Middlewich, where do you think we are going?

9 hours ago, cereal tiller said:

In Meteorillogical  matters it is Schmelly we Trust!

Thankyou. It is deffo summer :D had the chairs and beer ont towpath last evening drinking beer innitt