Hello from the Norfolk Broads!!

Pastseeker

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Neil Smith said:

Probably fairly cheaply aswell.

Neil

Wouldn't count on It, had a hard life in hire, the typical hirer of this boat was a stag or hen party and it travelled at full throttle unless the Broads Patrol was about. The roof was exceptionally strong as the 10 strong muster spent most of the time dancing on it 

Phil 

Edited by Phil Ambrose
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, carlt said:

I've always wanted a Calypso 28.

I know it's wrong and I'm not proud of myself but I just want one.

A very fine boat for a single live aboard 28ft by 12ft beam, separate bedroom, huge water tank carried under the floor midships.

A mate of mine lived on one. 

Phil 

Just now, Phil Ambrose said:

A very fine boat for a single live aboard 28ft by 12ft beam, separate bedroom, huge water tank carried under the floor midships.

A mate of mine lived on one. 

Phil 

I think my urge to own one has more to do with fond memories of my first ever holiday with a beautiful young lady when I was 17 rather than the size of the water tank.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, carlt said:

I think my urge to own one has more to do with fond memories of my first ever holiday with a beautiful young lady when I was 17 rather than the size of the water tank.

I fully understand where you are coming from, there are other things in life that stir the blood more than a huge water tank.

Phil 

On 14/04/2018 at 10:51, carlt said:

Is the opinion of other boat owners relevant to where you wish to moor?

Is it not up to the owner of the mooring who moors there?

There is a general dislike if steele boats across the Broads and as mooring is limited it can be difficult. You will see very few steele boats on the Broads but you will see a lot on in the Great Ouse navigations, which are probably better suited and are of course connected to rest of the waterways.

• Greenie 1

• 2 months later...

Thank you all for your responces and suggestions, apologies for the slow reply I've recently moved. I'm in two minds to relocate to somewhere on the canal networks or just see if i can find a suitable liveaboard mooring here in Norfolk. My heart is set on a 40-46ft canal boat as only allowed up to 46ft here in Norfolk may go bigger if I decide to relocate. Its going to be a liveaboard with the odd sunny day trip cruise, many people have already suggested sticking to a grp cruiser but i really can't abide them. I have no problem to those who do its just a personal preference thing.

Jim ?

Edited by Pastseeker

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 21:20, Pastseeker said:

I'm considering a widebeam boat with the live aboard lifestyle. I really don't like the grp or the style of the boats here and love the look of canal boats. So the advice I'm seeking is how well would a wide beam canal boat cope with the tidal currents associated with the broads?..

But then say :

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 21:49, Pastseeker said:

The question asked is would a narrow boat be hard to control on such conditions.. 

They are as different as chalk & cheese - which are you looking for ? have you now decided on a narrowboat ?