Stern Door Hold Back Methods

Featured Posts

9 hours ago, MHS said:

Have a look at this thread. 

my post #23 has photos and links to the magnets that I have. 

Thanks... Again!  Oddly, I replied to that original post, so quite where the memory of that solution went I've no idea!  :(

43 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks... Again!  Oddly, I replied to that original post, so quite where the memory of that solution went I've no idea!  :(

Now is the time to act, don’t procrastinate or we may see a similar post from you in another 18 months!! 

We are still pleased with ours, as you cannot catch a jacket pocket or similar on them. 

10 hours ago, MHS said:

Now is the time to act, don’t procrastinate or we may see a similar post from you in another 18 months!! 

We are still pleased with ours, as you cannot catch a jacket pocket or similar on them. 

:D

Sound advice but not needed this time around as I've already ordered some!  See -I do learn sometimes! 

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

:D

Sound advice but not needed this time around as I've already ordered some!  See -I do learn sometimes! 

Excellent, I hope you are happy with them. Please let us know how you get on and post a pic. 

7 minutes ago, MHS said:

Excellent, I hope you are happy with them. Please let us know how you get on and post a pic. 

I ordered from the place you linked to. They have 11kg, 20mm diameter x 10mm thick ones on offer at the moment - 3 quid odd a pair! I bought half a dozen.

I'll see how they do. Thanks for the tip. :)

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I ordered from the place you linked to. They have 11kg, 20mm diameter x 10mm thick ones on offer at the moment - 3 quid odd a pair! I bought half a dozen.

I'll see how they do. Thanks for the tip. :)

I hope you have remembered to order both North & South, otherwise it will be rather difficult to shut!!

1 hour ago, MHS said:

I hope you have remembered to order both North & South, otherwise it will be rather difficult to shut!!

Important with the ones with the countersunk holes, I appreciate. I've gone for solid ones which (I hope) I can put either way round - please don't tell me the neo-wotsit has a strange phenomenon of being a single pole magnet! :D  My plan is that they'll stay on the doors in preference to one another once a rubber bumper is introduced between them. (Actually,  it's not strictly my plan - someone else said this works well, possibly in that thread you linked).