Crane out for survey 60ft by 10ft Lee or stort

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Craig Campbell said:

I need to have my potential new boat (60ft by 10ft) lifted out for a survey and ideally (but not critically) for blacking and anodes asap. The ideal would be somewhere on the Stort or the Lee, the boat is at present on the Stort, any info or help would be very gratefully received 

Little Hallingbury marina.  They  will usually reserve a Monday for surveys at short notice, but for a week for blacking they usually have a long, long waiting list.      It is an open dry dock

Edited by bizzard

2 minutes ago, Craig Campbell said:

I need to have my potential new boat (60ft by 10ft) lifted out for a survey and ideally (but not critically) for blacking and anodes asap. The ideal would be somewhere on the Stort or the Lee, the boat is at present on the Stort, any info or help would be very gratefully received 

Wherever you are planning to get it lifted you will need to make sure they know your plans - and can accommodate you. Blacking at a 'reputable' yard often (usually) needs to be booked in months in advance.

A survey normally involves lifting the boat and leaving in the sling / on the trailer / hoist for a couple of hours whilst the survey is done.

If you do decide to have it blacked then they will need to find a 'hardstanding' to drop it on and leave it for a week to 'black' it. Companies / yards will not want to leave your boat in the sling / hoist for a week and loose the potential income.

Thanks, I've been trying them but i'm getting no reply at the moment

7 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Wherever you are planning to get it lifted you will need to make sure they know your plans - and can accommodate you. Blacking at a 'reputable' yard often (usually) needs to be booked in months in advance.

A survey normally involves lifting the boat and leaving in the sling / on the trailer / hoist for a couple of hours whilst the survey is done.

If you do decide to have it blacked then they will need to find a 'hardstanding' to drop it on and leave it for a week to 'black' it. Companies / yards will not want to leave your boat in the sling / hoist for a week and loose the potential income.

thanks, its really the survey I'm more worried about, P+S Marine can do it but they're in Watford which is too far, the boats not mine yet

3 minutes ago, bizzard said:

There is also Stanstead Abbots marina on the Lee, but I'm uncertain of their cranes capacity.

Also Lea Valley marina, Springfield, Clapton, river Lea. Slipway and crane,  0208 8061717.

9 minutes ago, bizzard said:

There is also Stanstead Abbots marina on the Lee, but I'm uncertain of their cranes capacity.

Tried them as well, cranes out of commission at the moment, and they're iffy about the weight, just my luck

5 minutes ago, bizzard said:

Also Lea Valley marina, Springfield, Clapton, river Lea. Slipway and crane,  0208 8061717.

Tried them, they can't either

Tried them as well, cranes out of commission at the moment, and they're iffy about the weight, just my luck

Tried them, they can't either

BW-Cart yard at Enfield on the Lea, do or used to hire their dry dock.  01992 764626.

Hallingbury marina is the one to go for really, beautiful setting, working water mill and food and drinks in the mill. I did have a mobile phone number for them, but can't find it.

thanks again, that's the number for an estate agents apparently. lol

Oh. Thats the number given for them in the Nicholson guide. Probably number changed when CarT took over from BW. Their name and address is. BW Enfield yard, Navigation office, Off Ordnance Road, Enfield lock.  Little Hallingbury marina often only have one person on during the week and he might be out cutting grass or something. You want either Graham, Rob or Andy.  Keep trying.

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

No (just a big X)

Get a better phone :P

Among other things it gives the number for Enfield Lock: 01992 788 375. If that’s not the right place they should know the correct number to call. 

25 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

No (just a big X)

16 minutes ago, bizzard said:

Enfield yard and dry dock is a short way down stream of, below Enfield lock, on the right hand side looking down stream.

16 minutes ago, bizzard said:

Enfield yard and dry dock is a short way down stream of, below Enfield lock, on the right hand side looking down stream.

Thanks for your help bizzard, I managed to get a place in Hallingbury Marina dry dock sorted. I appreciate your help. good luck pal

9 minutes ago, Craig Campbell said:

Thanks for your help bizzard, I managed to get a place in Hallingbury Marina dry dock sorted. I appreciate your help. good luck pal

That's good. You will have two very low bridges and one quite low to pass under. First is Roydon railway bridge, not so low. Next is Kecksys railway bridge Sawbridgeworth, very low and lastly the footbridge at the entrance off the Stort into the marina, vert low. Most boats, wide and narrow pass under them with chimney's and things sticking up removed.

Edited by bizzard

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2018 at 19:12, bizzard said:

That's good. You will have two very low bridges and one quite low to pass under. First is Roydon railway bridge, not so low. Next is Kecksys railway bridge Sawbridgeworth, very low and lastly the footbridge at the entrance off the Stort into the marina, vert low. Most boats, wide and narrow pass under them with chimney's and things sticking up removed.

On 12/04/2018 at 19:12, bizzard said:

Cheers for you help, today's trip went well, I noticed the bridges and the boat passed the survey so all good, thanks again

On 12/04/2018 at 18:40, Alan de Enfield said:

No (just a big X)

On 12/04/2018 at 18:49, bizzard said:

On 12/04/2018 at 18:49, bizzard said: