Amber boats any thoughts comment views?

Matt&Jo

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Matt&Jo said:

Hey all as above seen a nice boat made by amber boats on line, not viewed yet but would love some feedback on this boat builder. Made in poland i beleive so if you know anything please let me know

Amber Boats had a number of boats built in Poland a few years ago and I seem to remember that they had a boat building facility there. I am unsure whether they still operate there but I remember seeing one or two of their boats at the NEC show in the early 2000's. They were of a good quality and well equipped and I have not heard any adverse comments about them. For what it's worth, I have a share in a Polish boat built for Ownerships by a competitor of Amber ( Hexagon Boats) in 2008 and the build quality is on a par with many British built boats.

Howard

Edited by howardang

Hi!

I have owned a 10 year old Amber Boats built Nb for the last 4 years.

Comments from the surveyor pre-purchase were very positive regarding the quality of the workmanship/welding, particularly the fact that welds under strakes had been done completely, not just tack welded as apparently often happens.

Subsequent dry docking/blackings have also given me every confidence that I have, for once, unlike my car purchases, bought well and have a sound well built vessel.

She also did all that was asked last year covering over 1000 lock miles without any real issues - I appreciate many may consider that a mere weekend away but for me it was a brilliant summer!

It may not be one of the “chosen” or “highly valued” or “respected” or “fashionable” builders - searching for the right term there - but I hope you know what I mean, but if I had to buy another boat then if the price was right I wouldn’t think twice about buying another Amber

Good luck and enjoy!

B

1 hour ago, Matt&Jo said:

Hey all as above seen a nice boat made by amber boats on line, not viewed yet but would love some feedback on this boat builder. Made in poland i beleive so if you know anything please let me know

Ambers boats were designed by Paul Geary and produced in Poland. In 2007 Paul Geary left and went to work for Narrowcraft where Pauls designs were also built in Poland. I think Narrowcraft took over Ambers factory in Gdansk so had the same workforce. The Narrowcraft  boats looked very similar to Amber boats. I have had a Narrowcraft Polish built boat for 10years and the build quailty and spec. is excellent. I expect that Amber boats would be of similar very good quality.

9 minutes ago, howardang said:

Why the "clever dick" comments to a perfectly sensible question? It normally takes a while before they kick in. 

Howard

Exactly - all these clever dick comments about boats detract from the OPs question :

"Poland - anyone know anything, let me know".

• Greenie 1

19 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Exactly - all these clever dick comments about boats detract from the OPs question :

"Poland - anyone know anything, let me know".

Very amusing,  but the thread title was also relevant. 

Howard

I looked round several Amber boats some years ago.  The fitout was absolutely superb. If the rest was in keeping with those standards, I would expect them to be very good boats indeed.  And at the time, their price was fabulous too.

7 hours ago, howardang said:

Why the "clever dick" comments to a perfectly sensible question? It normally takes a while before they kick in. 

Howard

Pretty much the standard rubbish attempts at humour which prevail on here. 

59 minutes ago, rgreg said:

If all the people who injected a little humour into the comments on this forum were to leave, all that would remain would be you and Howard :)

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, rgreg said:

This forum has to be the best boaty forum worldwide. Post a question and you ALWAYS get a response and usually the answer. Take away the humour and banter and this would deteriorate to the level of some of the other forums. 

• Greenie 3

21 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

This forum has to be the best boaty forum worldwide. Post a question and you ALWAYS get a response and usually the answer. Take away the humour and banter and this would deteriorate to the level of some of the other forums. 

I don't need reminding that this forum is excellent; I've been here long enough. I have nothing against attempts at humour if they are funny, but more often than not, to me, they really are nothing more than senseless remarks that detract from the thread. Perhaps my sense of humour is not tuned in to some. Monty Python works for me though but, sadly, not the Rusty and Bob show. Sorry :D.

Edited by rgreg
  • Greenie 3
  • Horror 1

51 minutes ago, rgreg said:

Perhaps my sense of humour is not tuned in to some. Monty Python works for me though but, sadly, not the Rusty and Bob show. Sorry :D.

If you don't get the joke then it wasn't aimed at you.

Personally I wait until the question is answered before injecting my own brand of humour (I imagine loved by a few, hated by many, tolerated by most) but each to his own. 

There were many useful and knowledgeable answers mixed in with the humour and no nastiness so where's the problem?

• Greenie 2

4 minutes ago, carlt said:

Personally I wait until the question is answered before injecting my own brand of humour (I imagine loved by a few, hated by many, tolerated by most) but each to his own. 

There were many useful and knowledgeable answers mixed in with the humour and no nastiness so where's the problem?

Yes, I blame Alan. He started it!:P (not the war)

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Dr Bob said:

Hang on! Why not the Bob and Rusty show? B comes before R.........in 'amber' as well. There, back on topic.:)

Ok, we could alternate. Every other week. 

Red. Red - Amber. Green. Back on topic..... 

Just now, carlt said:

But, with double acts, isn't the funny one always named first? 

Wot. Like the two Ronnie's and Ant and Dec! 

• Haha 1