Looking for parts and documentation for Stoves Vanette GG7000

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, rgreg said:

Interestingly, we had a GG7000 oven which developed the opposite problem to yours: the burner ran on full blast constantly so the oven just got hotter regardless of the setting on the control knob. Suspecting a faulty thermostat, like you we discovered the outrageously high cost of one so decided it wasn't a sufficiently big enough problem to justify it's replacement, so we just lived with it.

We can actually cook on hours (although not sure i would chance it with raw meat or fish), you simply allow 4x the stated cooking time and the food is hot and cooked through. 2-3 hours is a long time when you're hungry though! We've lived with this for best part of a year, although my other half is a very keen cook and would love to replace the cooker if we had the money to spare. However, the grill thermocouple has only just exhibited a fault. This would be really annoying if you couldn't keep the flame alive especially as, given the fault with the thermostat, the grill gets used more than it otherwise would. An obvious temporary bodge would be to tape the control knob in the pushed-in position and just keep an eye on it in case the flame cuts out, but it's asking for trouble in the longer term.

I remember seeing at the time ( a few years ago) that there was a direct replacement from another manufacturer that had exactly the same dimensions as the now discontinued GG7000 and was quite reasonably priced. I've had a quick search just now but can't find anything.

4 minutes ago, bizzard said:

I still think you need to see to the gas jets. Goo from the gas bottles can bung or partially bung them up.  I've had this happen on my and other peoples gas fridges and my cooker.

I will still be looking to get to the gas jet for the oven if i can easily remove the burner assembly. It's got to be worth a try to potentially save the cost and hassle of fitting a new thermostat. However, it is beginning to look likely that the grill issue is due to a thermocouple that has broken down rather than the jet.

2 minutes ago, rgreg said:

I remember seeing at the time ( a few years ago) that there was a direct replacement from another manufacturer that had exactly the same dimensions as the now discontinued GG7000 and was quite reasonably priced. I've had a quick search just now but can't find anything.

We wouldn't be able to afford it right now, have had all sorts of expense on the boat and are also currently dealing with the Mansfield Traveler loo (as per my Shurflo thread, but even when the flush motor has been replaced, hopefully this weekend, the ball seal and other parts also need replacing). It would possibly be viable in the future, so if you do find what this cooker model is i'd love to know.

36 minutes ago, mad dog n' Englishman said:

Good afternoon, ebay is showing instruction book  and manual which covers gg7000 model £6.99. could be just what you are looking for. Also google shows parts available from "GAS" looks like good prices.

Hi, thanks for your help. I noticed the manual but am not prepared to pay the price. It's a user manual by the look of it and therefore not going to show how to disassemble parts. I'm now guessing that service manuals are deliberately withheld from the Web to discourage the inexperienced (that's me!) from tinkering around with dangerous gas appliances.

Is GAS an acronymn, i can't find it? I've now found some decent prices for the parts, the lowest for the thermostat is around £104 and the thermocouples below £10 each (even the control knobs are still available for about £9 each), but since i think replacing the thermostat involves disassembling the gas pipes i wouldn't feel confident or competent doing it, and i fear that a qualified engineer would charge a fair bit. If it could be done with just one hour's labour (including both thermocouples) i would consider it later in the year, but i'm guessing most engineers would quote for 2 or 3 hours.

EDIT: You prompted me to have another look at that ad, i was tired when i looked a couple of nights ago, and you are right, the manuals appear to include installation of the equipment. I've sent the seller a query. Thanks, that's definitely worth a greenie. :)

Edited by Froggy

14 hours ago, mad dog n' Englishman said:

Hello again, yes "Gas Appliance Spares" 01772 702755. No connection just found them on google. Hope it helps.

Thanks. I've taken a chance and ordered a copy of the manuals; if they help me to see how they are put together it might make it easier to take a few panels off to reach the thermocouples and thermostat. I probably wouldn't remove the thermostat myself but i can at least check there are no obvious mechanical issues with both that and the thermocouples and give everything a good clean up.

As for the GAS website, you are right, their prices are very good, but unfortunately everything they list is shown as out of stock! I doubt they will be getting more in. Fortunately, there are still a few websites out there that do carry stock.

• 2 years later...

I'm resurrecting this topic because I also have a problem with my Vanette GG7000.

I seem to have a similar problem with my oven as froggy, in that I can't alter the temperature of the oven.  What's more, I can't turn it on or off by the knob.  I have to interrupt the flow by using the stopcock.  Thankfully, I have 2 supply lines: one to the stove top which can remain permanently open as all knobs work as they should; but whereas the grill works fine, turning the supply on opens up the gas in the oven, so to make toast, I have to make sure I light the oven as well.  A bit of a waste of gas if I have nothing else to cook.  When I'm finished, I have to close the stop cock to extinguish the oven.

I don't understand what a thermocouple is,  but I think the problem is with the bit of wizardry immediately behind the oven knob, which I assume is the thermostat. Has anyone experience problems like this before?  Can anyone confirm what I'm thinking?

It seems Vanette are out of business, and the oven must be nearly 20 years old, so gGiven the cost of a new thermostat, I'm tempted just to buy a new oven.

We had a similar problem a few years ago and solved it by buying the parts (very expensive) and having them fitted by Tom Keeling.

The problem with replacement is that there are few products available on the market today that are anywhere near as good.

The Vanette was designed for mobile use on LPG and without a mains electricity supply - it is also well built and relatively easy to maintain.

• 8 months later...

Bumping up this old topic for two reasons:

1. We still use our Valor Vanette GG7000 built in LPG oven and the matching Vanette 4001/2 hob all in blue enamel. These are good quality examples of British-built kit and it is a shame that they are no longer made. If possible I would like to get hold of some original documentation and would like to learn more about the production history of these. Alnwick was fitted out in 1998 but from the dates found on some of the hob mouldings, it would appear that the Vanette may have been manufactured as much as ten years earlier. Can anyone throw more light on the production history of the Vanette range?
  2. It is long time now since Tom Keeling fitted the new oven thermostat and I am wondering if the OP (Froggy) ever got theirs fixed?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for retrieving those manuals and thank you for sending them to me.

I still do not have a parts list but it would appear that the makers, Stoves, are still in business and can supply some parts at a price.

Can anyone tell me when these Vanette products were in production?

I was advised to approach caravan breakers for spares but I think these were more often fitted to narrow boats because they are pretty well up to the normal domestic kitchen spec and would be too large and too heavy for most touring vans.

• 1 month later...

There is a copy of a spares list and an exploded drawing at this site  https://manualzz.com/doc/27343562/059042772-vanette-gg-7000l--loooi--cha

I have a problem with the grill, it lights ok and stays alight but  the control has no effect on the flame it stays very low making grilling a very long job , any ideas for solving would be appreciated. I did obtain a replacement tap a few years ago but have not got round to fitting it .

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, NB Alnwick said:

Thank you for posting that link. Very helpful. Good Luck with sorting your grill - we have the same problem but it looks as if the whole burner unit will need replacing.

Pretty unlikely Graham. The gas flame being too low on the grill when set to "high" is quite possibly a partially blocked gas jet on the burner. Gas jets tend with age, to get a dark grey carbon-like deposit on the inside face of the tiny drilling through the middle which meters the gas flow.

The deposit is virtually impossible to see but if you remove the gas jet and boil it in ordinary vinegar (not the 'non-brewed condiment' muck often passing itself off as vinegar) for five or ten minutes, it will often work far better when you bung it back in. 

• Greenie 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi Graham (NB Alnwick)

Do you still have the manual for the Vanette GG6000?

I have a problem with ours (it's basically dead as there is no control over the oven temperature even after replacing the thermostat) and I need to buy a new oven, but I haven't got a manual and I wondered if you could either copy and post the 'fitting dimensions' page to let me know what the maximum internal dimensions are or let me now if there is another way of looking them up.

I would slide the old oven out and check but it is several hundred miles away and it seem a long way to go just to check the dimensions before I see whether I can order a order a new oven.

Many thanks in advance.

Chris

Hi Chris

Yes I have the manual however its not with me, could sort it out in  three or four weeks time and can scan it  for you if that's of any help.

Let me know and i will make a note to do it.

Regards

Graham

16 hours ago, ChrisD said:

Hi Graham (NB Alnwick)

Do you still have the manual for the Vanette GG6000?

I have a problem with ours (it's basically dead as there is no control over the oven temperature even after replacing the thermostat) and I need to buy a new oven, but I haven't got a manual and I wondered if you could either copy and post the 'fitting dimensions' page to let me know what the maximum internal dimensions are or let me now if there is another way of looking them up.

I would slide the old oven out and check but it is several hundred miles away and it seem a long way to go just to check the dimensions before I see whether I can order a order a new oven.

Many thanks in advance.

Chris

20230131_085337.jpg.24eff38d2200bac8c9e044415470abb4.jpg