Boat Pricing Conundrum!

enandess

Featured Posts

31 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

This bit caught my eye immediately. 

"Built to British Waterways Recreational Craft Directive"

The what?

I was quite taken with the fact that they can’t spell their own name in the very first sentence. 

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Only 10 hours since that was posted - you are getting quicker.

Not really. Like everyone else here I've given up reading whole threads before posting :P

Besides, your signature is so verbose it swamps any one line posts you make.

10 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

This may have happened in the dim and distant past but nowadays I've heard a different and more credible story about RR breakdowns. 

RR don't like breakdowns to be visible to all and sundry, so if yours breaks down they like you to call them not the AA. Rather than allow a roadside repair they send a specially designed covered breakdown truck to load it into and transport it anonymously and secretly to a repair workshop.  

The break down cover for our XR4i doesn't include for roadside repairs. Instead they transport that back to a garage of your choice in a curtain sided drive on truck. 

That isn't specific to Rolls.

22 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

The break down cover for our XR4i doesn't include for roadside repairs. Instead they transport that back to a garage of your choice in a curtain sided drive on truck. 

That isn't specific to Rolls.

But surely Dagenham Dustbins don’t break down...?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Better ?

I’m on a mobile so I have no idea what anyone’s signature says. I like it - it keeps the screen clear of meaningless clutter :P

Just now, bizzard said:

Rolls Royce's don't breakdown, they fail to proceed.

Someone else who hasn’t read the whole thread :D

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

I’m on a mobile so I have no idea what anyone’s signature says. I like it - it keeps the screen clear of meaningless clutter :P

Someone else who hasn’t read the whole thread :D

It would save a lot of meaningless clutter if only the 1st and last post were kept, with everything in between deleted. That should please the 'majority of people who don't read the thread'

6 minutes ago, Dave_P said:

And what exactly is wrong with mine?  Don't make me give you a warning point!!

Yours is more like a whole thread than just a signature!

<Bracing myself for my first Warning Point!>

• Greenie 1

23 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

It would save a lot of meaningless clutter if only the 1st and last post were kept, with everything in between deleted. That should please the 'majority of people who don't read the thread'

Yep, I think we should implement that. Then we’d end up with...

1) Where can I buy a new filter for my BMC?

57) Only a muppet would say that. 

One potential problem with buying new, rather than second-hand is that the builder can go into liquidation, leaving you without your money or your boat.

Of course a broker can go bust,  but that doesnt seem to happen as often as boatbuilders failing.

23 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

It is always broken down!

They always were!! What amazes me is cars that I scrapped or sold  for fifty quid in the eighties are now commanding thousands and must be even worse by now than they were then :lol:

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

They always were!! What amazes me is cars that I scrapped or sold  for fifty quid in the eighties are now commanding thousands and must be even worse by now than they were then :lol:

like Ford Lotus Cortina, MK1, good one now is 40k+.

Just now, Mike Hurley said:

Yeah, but finding a good one was bad enough 30 years ago.  Most of them probably have not improved since, so rarity value kicks in.

I wonder if you still have to Fix Or Repair Daily on them?

1 minute ago, Mike Hurley said:

Yes exactly although at least they were a little different from the mainstream. Its stuff like the Allaggro.......a total piece of crap in every way and peeps are paying 3k for em now and more :o The isetta bubble car absolute shite and now 20k its barmy