Stolen boat

Sweeny Todd

Featured Posts

Hi all 

I have just had a phone call off a good friend asking me to keep a look out for a boat that has been reported stolen from the Faries Hill area of Wakefield. The boat was allegedly taken yesterday or today. It is a 40 foot narrow boat, black hull, green got top with scruffy paintwork. It's name is Queen Iona but this is only shown on the licence in the window. I am waiting for a picture and a crime number. If anyone in the area has seen it go past I would appreciate the heads up.

Thanks

21 minutes ago, Sweeny Todd said:

I am waiting for a picture and a crime number.

Us too.  Nearly all the reported stolen boats on here turn out to be a messy domestic situation, not a stolen boat.

Without a crime number and a photo, I would not encourage anyone to even report a sighting.  With both provided, the forum is very good at finding missing boats.

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, Neil Smith said:

Might have been cut free of pulled its pins out and someone re tied it, or the owner forgot which lock they moored near to.

Neil

It drifted through the lock and the paddles drifted up and down....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

It decided its 14 days were up, got bored and  took matters into its own hands.

Gotcha! It's one of those new self-driving boats which we have been hearing about, presumably the advanced self-locking model!

9 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Well CaRT have installed plenty of self opening, or self closing lock gates as part of the automation upgrade to the network.

Jen

Your suggesting there was a software problem  on the Middlewich Branch?  No wonder.  The operating system hasn't been upgraded for years.  Bound to get the occasional glitch.   :closedeyes:

• 1 year later...

Anyone know anything about a boat that was allegedly stolen on Saturday night from the Ricky Festival area? Someone came charging round our mooring in the wee small hours but didn't mention the circumstances other than it was a 30-something foot narrowboat and the owner's dog was on-board. Didn't hear any more about it yesterday.

5 minutes ago, Stephen Jeavons said:

Anyone know anything about a boat that was allegedly stolen on Saturday night from the Ricky Festival area? Someone came charging round our mooring in the wee small hours but didn't mention the circumstances other than it was a 30-something foot narrowboat and the owner's dog was on-board. Didn't hear any more about it yesterday.

Surely the dog would have raised hell and woken everyone up.

I can't work out this increasingly common practice of having no name on the boat and issues such as this show good reason to have a name. Its also a condition of the licence I believe. Other than something like the witness protection programme or stalker avoidance, I can't think of any reason that's not nefarious. Can anyone enlighten me?

13 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Avoidance of any 'comeback' when overstaying, licence expired etc etc.

Moan like mad when it comes back and bites-em-in the bum !!!!

I have those reasons filed under "nefarious" Alan - I was wondering if there are any legitimate reasons I'm failing to recognise.  Its certainly not to do with a paint job in progress on most that I see.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I can't work out this increasingly common practice of having no name on the boat and issues such as this show good reason to have a name. Its also a condition of the licence I believe. Other than something like the witness protection programme or stalker avoidance, I can't think of any reason that's not nefarious. Can anyone enlighten me?

It goes along with licence plates propped up in windows.....

1 hour ago, StephenA said:

It goes along with licence plates propped up in windows.....

Nah, I don't go along with that - probably because mine are sitting in my windows!  (Clearly displayed though, and the boat's name is writ large upon her side) ;)