No Water At Wigan

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

Looks like somebody didn't do the handcuffs on the next lock down :D, though I half remember one of them does not work. Its quite a long pound to fill back up too.

..............Dave

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

5th April 

I don't know the reason for being just there with the boat, so perhaps I shouldn't say anything, but with my boat I would be stuck on almost any canal so far out of the channel, low water or not.

George

25 minutes ago, furnessvale said:

I don't know the reason for being just there with the boat, so perhaps I shouldn't say anything, but with my boat I would be stuck on almost any canal so far out of the channel, low water or not.

George

The lock is immediately behind them, they had just exited the lock (where the other boat then grounded), their stern grounded and the bow swung around.

16 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Thank gawd for passers by with video cameras. We can all now be film stars in our own mini movies. I can't wait for my debut. Hope my hair looks good whilst I'm bleeping away:)

It shows up all the bad habits - like the guy at the start holding the rope on the near side. Looping it round your back is not a good idea.

6 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

It shows up all the bad habits - like the guy at the start holding the rope on the near side. Looping it round your back is not a good idea.

A bollard would have been a lot easier or even just a touch of reverse