Bunk beds for grandkids

Pie Eater

Featured Posts

Does anyone know where I can purchase easy to build/dismantle bunk beds for the grandkids. At present we use airbeds which take up too much floor space. (40ft boat)

At Go Outdoors there is a Hi Gear Duo Bunk which is an ideal size but I am not sure whether this would be suitable for building/dismantling on a daily basis.

If it's of any interest, when my brood were young I got a two foot wide chunk of ply, attached it to the boat wall in the dinette with gate hinges, fitted a bolt at each of the loose ends and drilled a hole into the bulkhead at one end and the cupboad at the other. It just swing down when noti n use and got it out of the way, swung it up, bolted it in and put a mattress on it when they needed it and the two seats underneath made up another bed.  At the time it had seats both sides which turned into beds, so I did the same above the other one and it then slept the two lighter brats at the top, the older ones at the bottom and me and the wife in the double at the other end.  All this on a 40ft boat with a 23 foot cabin. Much to my surprise, no-one ever fell out.

• Greenie 1

• 1 month later...

Update

I purchased the Hi Gear Duo bunk from Go Outdoors and the grandkids loved them( after the fight over the top bunk ).

The beds are easy to assemble and are held together by Velcro straps and buckles.

No tools are needed as there are no nuts, bolts or screws.

The beds sold out pretty much straight away but the young lady who served me managed to locate the last one for me in Inverness.

I also dropped lucky as there was a sale on and I paid £79.99 instead of the usual price of £99.99.

3 minutes ago, Pie Eater said:

Update

I purchased the Hi Gear Duo bunk from Go Outdoors and the grandkids loved them( after the fight over the top bunk ).

The beds are easy to assemble and are held together by Velcro straps and buckles.

No tools are needed as there are no nuts, bolts or screws.

The beds sold out pretty much straight away but the young lady who served me managed to locate the last one for me in Inverness.

I also dropped lucky as there was a sale on and I paid £79.99 instead of the usual price of £99.99.

Did you pay your £5 to get a 'members card' which gives you a members 10% reduction ?

Have a hunt around on the web as Go-Outdoors will price match and give an extra 10% of any lower prices.

I recently bought a pair of boots from Go at £215, when I got home I found them cheaper so gave Go a call and they credited me back the difference + 10%.

A few days later I was searching on the web and happen to come across the same boots even cheaper - gave Go a call and they price matched (again) and gave me a further 10%.

I ended up paying £148 for the £215 pair of boots.

Result !!