Where is this?

WotEver

Featured Posts

Can't place it but that's a Black Prince tied on the other side, implying a) it's not some out of the way arm and b ) it's a changeline bridge as the pic appears to have been taken from the towpath on this side. Or is that a junction going off to the right?

It looks to me like the boats are on offside moorings, it doesn't look like a Black Prince boat to me. I was trying to think if it was the Northern Stratford but I don't recognise it.

I think it is on the Ashby, but can't recall exactly where.    The sign on the bridge looks a lot like one of  the water region boundary makers also seen on the Stratford.

N

5 minutes ago, BEngo said:

I think it is on the Ashby, but can't recall exactly where.    The sign on the bridge looks a lot like one of  the water region boundary makers also seen on the Stratford.

N

I agree that the scenery looks like the Ashby but I’ve been up and down there at least a dozen times and I don’t recall that bridge. 

9 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Found this on Google (http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1117195 ) which says it is East Manly bridge on the Grand Western

1117195_c8ba5d51.jpg.84ee5fe4efe991576bc99c332e5ed5e1.jpg

Yer a star :)

7 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

it's even the same boat facing a different way.

And it appears that its bum is back in the water too. 

She replied... “Hi Tony. I thought my photo was taken walking along the Tardibigge lock system in Bromsgrove, a very beautiful but strenuous strip of the canal...”

Then she remembered that... “Thinking about it, I did take some photographs whilst on a horse drawn barge trip from Tiverton so perhaps you are right.”

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Neil Smith said:

Good detective work david, and I see the boat with the wooden shed is the other way round so perhaps it does have an engine.

Neil

Or the engine has been replaced. Its bum is back down with the counter level with the water. 

34 minutes ago, Horace42 said:

Out of interest, what did you type in google to search for it.

I used the Google Image search facility. On my Android tablet you can just hold your finger on an image and get a menu that has an option "Search Google for this image". You then get a page from Google of what it thinks are the best match. The one I linked to was quite near the top so didn't take long to look through the results. As it showed the same boat moored the other way round I was fairly certain it was the same location.

• Greenie 1