Endoscope recommendation ?

Dartagnan

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Nope. Extremely rare.

And if I do, I need to see them to get them, in which case a stick with no magnet is perfectly good tool!

There something very satisfying about picking things up with a magnet. We use a simple wooden stick for retrieving tea bags etc from down the side of the cooker and its not nearly as satisfying.

..............Dave

56 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Depends what he is working on at the time. 

I wouldn't say he is overly clumsy. Just through the course of doing his job he has to retrieve nuts and bolts from hard to reach places.

Forgetful yes, the number of tools he has left in cars is outrageous!

Thank goodness he isn't a surgeon :P

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dmr said:

There something very satisfying about picking things up with a magnet. We use a simple wooden stick for retrieving tea bags etc from down the side of the cooker and its not nearly as satisfying.

..............Dave

Agreed. Also... we inherited two of those grabber-on-a-stick things when our parents passed away and one of them has been seconded to garden duty. It’s great for pulling up small weeds from the back of a bed without having to kneel and get your trousers wet :)   You see litter pickers using them but weeding is much more fun  

We haven't got any weeds in our bedroom.

24 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Agreed. Also... we inherited two of those grabber-on-a-stick things when our parents passed away and one of them has been seconded to garden duty. It’s great for pulling up small weeds from the back of a bed.

31 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I wondered who would be first... I reckoned it would be the beagle. ;)

1 hour ago, Dr Bob said:

Com'on,  you cant just leave it like that! We all want to see it.

And now you have a PM too ;)

1 hour ago, Dr Bob said:

How about writing it in Latin. The mods cant understand Latin.

Me neither :D

Edited by WotEver
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Com'on,  you cant just leave it like that! We all want to see it. How about writing it in Latin. The mods cant understand Latin.

That was true once but now Athy's a mod it just isn't that easy any more.

When Athy posts a cross between Jim Lloyd and Craig Charles always springs to mind (sorry Athy).

Edited by carlt

3 hours ago, carlt said:

That was true once but now Athy's a mod it just isn't that easy any more.

When Athy posts a cross between Jim Lloyd and Craig Charles always springs to mind (sorry Athy).

I'd never heard of either of those (didn't have you down as an Archers man, Carl), but I do know Athy, and I regard him as a well-meaning and benevolent headmaster doing his best to keep you lot in order, often misunderstood and even derided, but ultimately a Good Egg.  

But what about this joke?  There are several Bill and Ben Jokes, but this might help.

21 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

I'd never heard of either of those (didn't have you down as an Archers man, Carl), but I do know Athy, and I regard him as a well-meaning and benevolent headmaster...

Jim is a well-meaning and benevolent academic type fond of history with a prosaic delivery.

Craig Charles, aside from his comedy and Takeshi leanings is an expert on 1960s and 70s Soul/Funk/Tamla type music.

No derision intended.

Having spent many years working abroad, pre-internet, Radio 4 LW or BBC World service was one of the few links to home and the Archers addiction started there and persists to this day.

I used to listen to the Sunday omnibus but now, post internet, I download all the episodes and listen over Saturday breakfast.

But back on topic....

Endoscope recommendation ?

Always use plenty of lube but remember that Vaseline degrades the rubber outer layer so water based KY is much better

1 hour ago, carlt said:

Having spent many years working abroad, pre-internet, Radio 4 LW or BBC World service was one of the few links to home and the Archers addiction started there and persists to this day.

I listened to the Archers for many years (I remember Phil and Jill meeting!), but I haven't listened to a single episode since the killing of Nigel, a ritual sacrifice simply to mark an anniversary, putting aperfectly innocent actor (Graham Seed) out of a job with not so much as a by-yourleave. 

On 08/04/2018 at 21:33, ronnietucker said:

I bought this one (£20):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XK6THB4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works pretty well. The app can do still images/video.

Thank you very much for the link.  Very helpful.  You never know even the luddites may have a need for one one day.  :D

1 hour ago, Dartagnan said:

Thank you very much for the link.  Very helpful.  You never know even the luddites may have a need for one one day.  :D

I haven't seen any Luddite comments.

The Luddites were (in)famous for destroying the new mechanical weaving machines as they caused mass unemployment IIRC. I can't imagine your endoscope creating mass unemployment, provoking its illegal destruction. 

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 21:33, ronnietucker said:

I bought this one (£20):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XK6THB4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works pretty well. The app can do still images/video.

I think I bought the same one from Amazon on Black Friday for about £6. Initially I thought it rubbish as I couldn't get it to work ( the instructions were ,at least to me, useless.) Earlier this week when  I was on the boat I was about to throw it away and gave it a final try. Realized there was a symbol on the screen just like a paperclip. Seemingly this was for attaching the probe to the device. Clicked on that and bingo, it worked. Had a good look in my bilges and found some minor rust in an area where water would collect. Now need to work out how to get some Waxoyl in there.

The only problem is that the cable is very flexible and pointing the lens is very hit or miss. Thinking of taping it to a length of curtain wire. It came complete with a small magnet, a hook and a 45 degree mirror. Worth the money.

Frank