Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Question

11 answers to this question

Featured Posts

If the author has identified it correctly, unless you're a small mammal or a bird you have nothing to worry about.

I have only rarely seen snakes in the wild. Whenever I have, I have been struck by their beauty.

Constrictors, keep hold of their tails or they'll squeeze and squeeze yer to death. :closedeyes:

I met a grass snake in the water on the other side of Braunston on the South Oxford a couple of years ago. It was swimming really well. I think this one is also a grass snake not a Burmese Python.

Once came across one similar to that at Ferrybridge lock, it had coiled itself neatly round a bollard that we were going to tie up to for the night.  Assume it was getting heat from the bollard which had been in the sunshine all day.  Found another bollard, lol......

We came across a snake on the Montgomery once.......wait for it.....wait for it.....

Oh, I can't be bothered!

Edited by rusty69

On 11/02/2019 at 16:38, rusty69 said:

We came across a snake on the Montgomery once.......wait for it.....wait for it.....

Oh, I can't be bothered!

deleted

Edited by rusty69

I'd have put that down as a British grass snake which is often found near water and can spend a great deal of its time in it.  Is that not what it is?

On 07/04/2018 at 15:44, Athy said:

If the author has identified it correctly, unless you're a small mammal or a bird you have nothing to worry about.

I have only rarely seen snakes in the wild. Whenever I have, I have been struck by their beauty.

We are lucky and see grass snakes on a regular basis on the Fossdyke and Witham.

DSCF4223.jpg

20180528-113325.jpg

Edited by Naughty Cal
  • Greenie 1

On 13/02/2019 at 08:17, Naughty Cal said:

We are lucky and see grass snakes on a regular basis on the Fossdyke and Witham.

DSCF4223.jpg

20180528-113325.jpg

That baby grass snake is god damn adorable!