Skippers wanted

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, billS said:

Ye canny gazump in Scotland. Once an offer is accepted it is binding.

Bloody hell, does this mean when LadyG accepts my offer I'm committed? 

I'd better apply for a mortgage tout suite.

(See, you lot? I can do Latin too.)

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Bloody hell, does this mean when LadyG accepts my offer I'm committed? 

I'd better apply for a mortgage tout suite.

(See, you lot? I can do Latin too.)

You may have to sell your boat (to LadyG) to raise the funds!

23 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Your self-delusion knows no bounds. There IS plenty of demand for flats, thousands of them change hands every Friday. 

All you have to do is set your price to match the actual market at which equivalent flats are changing hands, not the price some chair polisher says it is ‘worth’. 

There are approx 18 flats like mine for sale in this Toytown, where there is no industry, no decent jobs. I think most of them have been for sale for months, prices have not risen in the last five years as far as I can see. There is no fixed price and yet there are no viewers.

3 minutes ago, LadyG said:

There are approx 18 flats like mine for sale in this Toytown, where there is no industry, no decent jobs. I think most of them have been for sale for months, prices have not risen in the last five years as far as I can see. There is no fixed price and yet there are no viewers.

Could you have your flat converted to a boat? I've heard of a house boat, but never a flat-boat:giggles:

2 hours ago, LadyG said:

Scotland has organised it's housing market far better than down south. There's been such a huge investment in new build houses in the central belt (and particularly Forth Valley) that prices are much lower than the UKs  average. An entry level 3 bed semi is a 1/3rd of the price nr Falkirk compared to Reading. With prices low, I would have thought that properties would move.

Having read this thread i'm pretty saddened that a new member whose native language was obviously not, from early on in the thread, English (the clue was in the name), got flamed out of the forums when she probably had a lot to offer.

Edited by Froggy

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Having read this thread i'm pretty saddened that a new member whose native language was obviously not, from early on in the thread, English, got flamed out of the forums when she probably had a lot to offer.

You're right, OP's Irish!

11 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Cos she is from Ireland (according to google)

Fair enough, because there is nothing on her profile to suggest that, even if her boat location is rather strangely stated as Newry, and her surname could be as a result of marriage.

Personally, i don't think this person is a troll, and in the unlikely event that she was she hasn't been encouraged to hang around long enough to prove she was (although the fact her profile is still visible suggests she hasn't yet removed herself from the forums).

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Fair enough, because there is nothing on her profile to suggest that, even if her boat location is rather strangely stated as Newry, and her surname could be as a result of marriage.

Personally, i don't think this person is a troll, and in the unlikely event that she was she hasn't been encouraged to hang around long enough to prove she was (although the fact her profile is still visible suggests she hasn't yet removed herself from the forums).

Edited by rusty69
  • Greenie 1

23 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Cos she is from Ireland (according to google)

I couldn't find her on Google but i did get a result for Anastasia Matilda Hummus. :lol:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=anastasia+matilda+hummus&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjm-t_f6q_aAhXEasAKHTBYD5cQsAQILQ&biw=1600&bih=767

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Jeez froggy, I ain't doing all the work for you.The following link will self destruct in 60 seconds

Edited by rusty69

37 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Having read this thread i'm pretty saddened that a new member whose native language was obviously not, from early on in the thread, English (the clue was in the name), got flamed out of the forums when she probably had a lot to offer.

In fact, rather than being "flamed out" as you put it she was asked several times to clarify what she was asking so that those who wished to could help her. She chose not to respond but rather she decided not to participate any further. I agree it was a shame she decided to go because she may have benefited from the help that some members could have given her, and additionally if she had stayed she may have been able to add to the general discussions.

Howard

4 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Jeez froggy, I ain't doing all the work for you.The following link will self destruct in 60 seconds

http://www.iwai.ie/newry/history-in-the-making/

Ooops, sorry, i assumed the photo you posted was in London following earlier comments in the thread. I guess assumptions are a dangerous thing..... including the assumptions that this woman was a troll. ;)

However, i can't see any evidence there to prove Anastasia is herself Irish.....

Edited by Froggy

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

including the assumptions that this woman was a troll. ;)

I agree.I think I even posted a link to a "Skipper opportunity" along with another forum member.

Edited by rusty69

4 minutes ago, howardang said:

In fact, rather than being "flamed out" as you put it she was asked several times to clarify what she was asking so that those who wished to could help her. She chose not to respond but rather she decided not to participate any further. I agree it was a shame she decided to go because she may have benefited from the help that some members could have given her, and additionally if she had stayed she may have been able to add to the general discussions.

Howard

Yes, but most of the posters didn't seem to appreciate that her poor top post was possibly down to English not being her native tongue, and this would also have affected her misinterpretation of replies that were intended to be humorous.

10 minutes ago, Froggy said:

However, i can't see any evidence there to prove Anastasia is herself Irish.....

No, not on that link.But assuming her name isn't Anastasia,and given the details you already have, a series of interviews can easily be found online which suggest she was from Ireland (I may however ,like you have,assumed wrongly and am talking complete bolix):)

Edited by rusty69