Skippers wanted

Featured Posts

On 07/04/2018 at 13:43, LadyG said:

Yep, and much more of the personal vindictive and I'll report him to mods. This forum is not for the likes of Boater Sam

1000 posts. Congratulations you are now a fully paid up member of the CWDF regulars. Now get on with buying that boat!:)

• Happy 1

13 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

1000 posts. Congratulations you are now a fully paid up member of the CWDF regulars. Now get on with buying that boat!:)

But first LadyG has a flat to sell, for which the market won’t pay her market value, IIRC...

:giggles:

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Nope.Its on Thursday in the bar!

ETA.Its a combined party ,also to celebrate your 1 year anniversary.

Just now, Dr Bob said:

Which bar, the unstable one or the unsocial one?

The unsocial one.I don't know anyone in the other one:giggles:

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

But first LadyG has a flat to sell, for which the market won’t pay her market value, IIRC...

:giggles:

In your opinion, its all my fault............... sigh.

Boat prices rise every day, and demand for flats is non existant, nothing I can do about it. I need a wad of cash to support my intended lifestyle, plus a contingency fund, that is only sensible as I don't want to end up sleeping in a cardboard box.

Edited by LadyG

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Boat prices rise every day, and demand for flats is non existant, nothing I can do about it.

If you paint your flat white (Annie sloane chalk paint),and ship it further south,it will sell in seconds!

4 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Boat prices rise every day, and demand for flats is non existant, nothing I can do about it. I need a wad of cash to support my intended lifestyle, plus a contingency fund, that is only sensible as I don't want to end up sleeping in a cardboard box.

The problem is people will just keep paying higher and higher prices so that those on lower incomes will never ever own a boat or owt else. We need a serious property price crash and the price of boats will fall in line with them and do everyone  a favour in the long term.

• Greenie 1

16 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Boat prices rise every day, and demand for flats is non existant, nothing I can do about it.

Your self-delusion knows no bounds. There IS plenty of demand for flats, thousands of them change hands every Friday. 

All you have to do is set your price to match the actual market at which equivalent flats are changing hands, not the price some chair polisher says it is ‘worth’. 

• Greenie 1

19 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Don't worry if you do as us lot on here will have a whip round for you to make sure it is a high quality cardboard box. :giggles:

10 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Don't worry if you do as us lot on here will have a whip round for you to make sure it is a high quality cardboard box. :giggles:

Better still, set up an online crowd funding site, LadyG could have her own boat this time next week:)

47 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

The unsocial one.I don't know anyone in the other one:giggles:

Both are very quiet though.

50 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

ETA.Its a combined party ,also to celebrate your 1 year anniversary.

Wow doesnt time fly.

46 minutes ago, LadyG said:

43 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

If you paint your flat white (Annie sloane chalk paint),and ship it further south,it will sell in seconds!

Flats are two dimensional. Who would by a flat? Put a few bumps in it or bend it a bit to make it more interesting. At least is has two dimensions. Narrowboats are one dimension, front or back, yet they are in demand.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Both are very quiet though.

Wow doesnt time fly.

Your sposed to say that in Latin..........................................

Expecto Patronus!

Just now, Dr Bob said:

Flats are two dimensional. Who would by a flat? Put a few bumps in it or bend it a bit to make it more interesting. At least is has two dimensions. Narrowboats are one dimension, front or back, yet they are in demand.

It needs a feature.Perhaps you could lend Donald to LadyG.

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Expecto Patronus!

Sicut legitur de bonis meis pro cheap endoscope!

6 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Expecto Patronus!

It needs a feature.Perhaps you could lend Donald to LadyG.

Quite happy for LadyG to borrow the duck as long as she takes the dog as well (only a week left till my son gets back to pick him up!)

• Haha 1

As LadyG is in Scotland, I think special rules apply. Property can be very cheap up there, so the flat may be worth a lot less than in England, depending as always on location; I'm guessing there are parts of city centres for example that are much sought after.

But generally in [my attempt at] Latin I'd say "Conclave in Scotia difficile est vendere"

On the other hand, maybe boats there will become very cheap as Scottish Canals seem intent on becoming Scottish Property Overlooking Derelict Ditches (SPODD). What if you buy one cheap and get it moved to England? Or buy one with a mooring, lobby your MSP like crazy to get proper management installed, and benefit from its increased value when the Forth & Clyde re-opens?

29 minutes ago, Peter X said:

As LadyG is in Scotland, I think special rules apply. Property can be very cheap up there, so the flat may be worth a lot less than in England, depending as always on location;

Indeed. But LadyG insists demand for flats is "non existant". 

I'm happy to prove her wrong by offering her £50 for her flat, even though I've no idea where it is or the terms of the lease.

So this proves there IS some demand, and it is only the price that needs settling. 

And MrRusty, don't you DARE gazump me. I'm onto a deal here!

• Haha 2