Your forum dug me out from the start.

I'd rather be a forest than a tree...

A hammer than a nail...

Me than you.

Keep your comfort.

I'm off and 'shutting up'.

Not so confident after all then.

15 hours ago, WotEver said:

That's global warming for you - sea levels are rising.

Damn. I've just remortgaged to invest in beach front properties there, should have gone for Jaywick, sea levels aren't rising there.

4 minutes ago, Bee said:

Damn. I've just remortgaged to invest in beach front properties there, should have gone for Jaywick, sea levels aren't rising there.

Everest is staying pretty dry for now if you want to be really sure. 

29 minutes ago, Bee said:

According to this sea levels are rising all along the east and south coasts of England but falling in Scotland and the north west, because the land is slowly tilting:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/earthnews/6226537/England-is-sinking-while-Scotland-rises-above-sea-levels-according-to-new-study.html

At least that's what Prof. Ian Shennan of the University of Durham was quoted as saying in 2009. He may have to revise his calculations; the effect will have increased due to the weight of all the boats that have moved from Whilton to London since.

If you buy a beach front property in Jaywick, the sea may be the least of your problems.

16 hours ago, Anastasia matilda humfries said:

Ccbm qualified,occupational and confident

I have a very good overview of the Correspondent Central Banking Model (CCBM), an am highly experienced in the activities of the Cryptocurrency Bank MLM (CCBM) 

I do also know a little about Clark County Beverage management (CCBM)

I am the proud owner of a Card Chronicle Bird Mask (CCBM), which I like to wear on a Saturday night when the gang come around for our swinging parties 

i am also occupational, and very confident.  Especially when wearing my mask.

if you would like to join one of my parties, i can provide you with a mask, and we can consider it an interview?

Edited by kawaton

Oh dear, what on earth is going on here?

There seems to be an assumption that the OP is a troll. Why? It seems we assign this characteristic to all newcomers. I think if you wanted to troll a forum you wouldn't do so by seeking to offer your services for what I would assume to be either voluntary or low paid casual work.

I suggest a moderator adds a question mark to the thread title. I think it was the intention that it was question and it would change the tenor of the thread.

It may of course be too late and an opportunity lost.

JP

• Greenie 2

26 minutes ago, Peter X said:

According to this sea levels are rising all along the east and south coasts of England but falling in Scotland and the north west, because the land is slowly tilting:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/earthnews/6226537/England-is-sinking-while-Scotland-rises-above-sea-levels-according-to-new-study.html

At least that's what Prof. Ian Shennan of the University of Durham was quoted as saying in 2009. He may have to revise his calculations; the effect will have increased due to the weight of all the boats that have moved from Whilton to London since.

If you buy a beach front property in Jaywick, the sea may be the least of your problems.

Curiously it was reports like that prompted me to sell my cute little terrace in Weymouth only 200yds from the sea. A bit of careful checking revealed it was only 1.0m above high tide level in 2007, which rather rattled me!

14 hours ago, matty40s said:

OK, 

you posted as a new member in Crew Swap - generally for members to help each other out occasionally to finish a journey or help each other out...

Skippers wanted - Ccbm qualified,occupational and confident.

Since then you have tried to give clever answers or diss members for advice or trying to find out exactly what you are wanting.

I am not a moderator, but a sensible forum elder.

explain what exactly you need, expand on your initial posts, or shut up. 

Ta

Wow! Matty has created a new position - Sensible Forum Elder.  How old and sensible do you have to be?  Can I be one?

2 hours ago, Captain Pegg said:

Oh dear, what on earth is going on here?

There seems to be an assumption that the OP is a troll. Why? It seems we assign this characteristic to all newcomers. I think if you wanted to troll a forum you wouldn't do so by seeking to offer your services for what I would assume to be either voluntary or low paid casual work.

I suggest a moderator adds a question mark to the thread title. I think it was the intention that it was question and it would change the tenor of the thread.

It may of course be too late and an opportunity lost.

JP

As the OP has completely disregarded by polite welcome and sensible questions and suggestions and focused only on posting comments to add fuel to the fire of those who were flaming her I have to admit I think they are right and I was wrong to waste my time thinking someone might actually need some help and advise

Oh well 

• Greenie 1

32 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

As the OP has completely disregarded by polite welcome and sensible questions and suggestions and focused only on posting comments to add fuel to the fire of those who were flaming her I have to admit I think they are right and I was wrong to waste my time thinking someone might actually need some help and advise

Oh well 

Unfortunately I think it came too late and the lines had been drawn between her and the forum. I can't say i blame her but it is a shame she couldn't see fit to respond to you. It doesn't make some of the stuff above right though.

JP

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Curiously it was reports like that prompted me to sell my cute little terrace in Weymouth only 200yds from the sea. A bit of careful checking revealed it was only 1.0m above high tide level in 2007, which rather rattled me!

Snap. We had a great 3 story jobby in the harbour in Looe overlooking the fishing boats but one morning the SEA was about two inches from the door. Bye bye.

1 hour ago, cheshire~rose said:

Oh well 

Do you seriously blame her? The only trolls here are the ignorant childish clique who have to display their child like dislike of anyone who comes into their twee little world to ask a question. The only one who doesn't seem to have wandered in with belittling remarks and put downs is Athy. Wonders will never cease.

10 minutes ago, pete.i said:

Do you seriously blame her? The only trolls here are the ignorant childish clique who have to display their child like dislike of anyone who comes into their twee little world to ask a question. The only one who doesn't seem to have wandered in with belittling remarks and put downs is Athy. Wonders will never cease.

Guilty as charged milud. Now where did I put those perfect person pills? :cheers:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, pete.i said:

I hope we aren't all being tarred with the same brush, I felt I asked a valid  point of clarification on the OP.

18 hours ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

I'm not sure of the description 'confident', I've seen a lot of very confident skippers get into all manner of scrapes. Experienced I can run with, but 'confident', Hmmm:unsure:

I thought someone once referred to me as certified, turned out it was certifiable....

7 hours ago, Peter X said:

(snip)

Not so : a boat displaces it's own weight in water, so the extra ones have no effect.

The south coast sinking while the north rises has been the case for many years : since the end of the last ice age, in fact.

13 hours ago, Anastasia matilda humfries said:

I'm not interested any more. 

Your forum dug me out from the start.

I'd rather be a forest than a tree...

A hammer than a nail...

Me than you.

Keep your comfort.

I'm off and 'shutting up'.

I always thought it was hammer and snail

34 minutes ago, Iain_S said:

Not so : a boat displaces it's own weight in water, so the extra ones have no effect.

The south coast sinking while the north rises has been the case for many years : since the end of the last ice age, in fact.

Yes! You've found the deliberate error. I put that in there to see how long it would be before someone spotted that. I think the full answer is that if you bring boats and lockfuls of water down from the Tring summit into London, the displaced water might temporarily add to the weight in a given pound, but in the long run the total weight is limited by the level of the bywashes at locks, and any extra ends up running down to Limehouse whether London is full of boats or not.

No doubt the slow tilting of Britain has been going on for a long time, but I suppose it's only with modern science that it's become known. Whether it was suspected before Prof Shennan's study I wouldn't know.

Sorry for going rather off topic. For what it's worth, while there is a regrettable tendency in the forum to pounce on a badly worded first post and make fun of it, the OP should have realised that her question was as clear as mud and tried to clarify it. I'm still not sure what she actually wanted to know.

7 hours ago, pete.i said:

I may have missed it but where exactly was the question? From what I can see the original post read,"... Ccbm qualified,occupational and confident...."so I cannot see any question, request for assistance or even offering of advice, it seems to be merely a statement fact. Anyone who comes on here wishing to brag  about qualifications is likely to get much the same response. We may only be a bunch of narrow-boaters but there is likely to be a whole gamut of skills, qualifications and experience here. Had the OP made clear exactly what her intentions were there may have been a different response (possibly).

• Greenie 3