Skippers wanted

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, pete.i said:

Do you seriously blame her? The only trolls here are the ignorant childish clique who have to display their child like dislike of anyone who comes into their twee little world to ask a question. The only one who doesn't seem to have wandered in with belittling remarks and put downs is Athy. Wonders will never cease.

Well done Athy! I clearly need to moderate all the belittling remarks I have made in this thread. Thanks for pointing out the error of my ways! 

I won't bother trying to help in future, first I am ignored, then I am told I am too late (perhaps I will set my alarm in future, now I am accused of making belittling remarks. 

Fairy Nuff 

5 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Anyone so illiterate yet with a shedload of attitude like this looks very much like a plant from the dark side to me. 

"The Dementors Strikes Back" 

Or

"The Return of the Gladioli" 

Edited by rusty69

9 hours ago, cheshire~rose said:

Well done Athy! I clearly need to moderate all the belittling remarks I have made in this thread. Thanks for pointing out the error of my ways! 

I won't bother trying to help in future, first I am ignored, then I am told I am too late (perhaps I will set my alarm in future, now I am accused of making belittling remarks. 

Fairy Nuff 

For clarity I wasn't accusing you of being too late; after all you can only respond after you have found the thread.

I was looking at it from the OPs perspective who had received a number of less than flattering replies and assertions about her style and character prior to your offer and I think already had her mind set she wasn't interested any longer.

Also I don't think either pete.i or myself were suggesting that all contributors were at fault of being less than welcoming. LadyG was supportive on a personal level and Rob-M - and I think at least one other person - did try and clarify the purpose of the thread.

Sorry for the confusion,

JP

Edited by Captain Pegg
  • Greenie 1

9 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Anyone so illiterate yet with a shedload of attitude like this looks very much like a plant from the dark side to me. 

Get over it Mike.

I think TB stopped being bothered about CWDF a while back. At least they have the balls to pick on folk their own size over there.

JP

1 minute ago, Captain Pegg said:

Get over it Mike.

I think TB stopped being bothered about CWDF a while back. At least they have the balls to pick on folk their own size over there.

JP

Cripes is it still on line?

18 hours ago, Captain Pegg said:

Unfortunately I think it came too late and the lines had been drawn between her and the forum. I can't say i blame her but it is a shame she couldn't see fit to respond to you. It doesn't make some of the stuff above right though.

JP

.......ah, you're all muppets!:wacko:

28 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Why are CWDF posts often mentioned then? 

There is an element of common membership and it leads to cross-fertilisation. I am sure there are still a few on either side who bear a grudge but they are the minority and it doesn't help either forum. They are separate entities that can and mostly do operate independently.

In this case I think this forum has got things wrong and someone who a few days ago wanted to assist in an area where help is needed has been potentially lost. Hopefully she will explore more friendly avenues and receive a better response.

She may not have helped herself with the inaccuracy and style of her posts but she won't be the first or last to suffer that and I will wager that if an established male member and known boater had posted that exact title and initial post the outcome would have been very different.

A failure for CWDF in my book.

JP

29 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Cripes is it still on line?

Yes and this place gets more and more like it in style and content every day.

Edited by Captain Pegg

2 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

She may not have helped herself with the inaccuracy and style of her posts but she won't be the first or last to suffer that and I will wager that if an established male member and known boater had posted that exact title and initial post the outcome would have been very different.

Oh. I didn't realise she was a gurl:giggles:

I've realised the big advantage in being ignored, LadyG can't see what I post about her now!

I did think that she had a humour meltdown, I really can't be concerned, she tried to make it personal. That's two trolls wiped out in one thread, good going I say. I hate arrogant women, prefer soft and feminine.

Just now, Boater Sam said:

I've realised the big advantage in being ignored, LadyG can't see what I post about her now!

I did think that she had a humour meltdown, I really can't be concerned, she tried to make it personal. That's two trolls wiped out in one thread, good going I say. I hate arrogant women, prefer soft and feminine.

She can if I quote you:D

4 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

There is an element of common membership and it leads to cross-fertilisation. I am sure there are still a few on either side who bear a grudge but they are the minority and it doesn't help either forum. They are separate entities that can and mostly do operate independently.

In this case I think this forum has got things wrong and someone who a few days ago wanted to assist in an area where help is needed has been potentially lost. Hopefully she will explore more friendly avenues and receive a better response.

JP

I looked in ONCE and can honestly say that this forum is different in every way. One huge difference is no members on here call each other names starting with a C etc etc. It was like a school playground language wise when I looked in aided by the idiot who set it up I might add.

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

19 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

JP

That earns you a place on my ignore list.  

On 06/04/2018 at 11:32, Peter X said:

According to this sea levels are rising all along the east and south coasts of England but falling in Scotland and the north west, because the land is slowly tilting:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/earthnews/6226537/England-is-sinking-while-Scotland-rises-above-sea-levels-according-to-new-study.html

At least that's what Prof. Ian Shennan of the University of Durham was quoted as saying in 2009. He may have to revise his calculations; the effect will have increased due to the weight of all the boats that have moved from Whilton to London since.

If you buy a beach front property in Jaywick, the sea may be the least of your problems.

because the earth is flat. 

• Haha 2