Skippers wanted

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Anastasia matilda humfries said:

Ccbm qualified,occupational and confident

I may have come to this a bit too late because it appears you have already frightened off by some of the replies. Just in case you are still reading, first of all, welcome to the forum. 

With regard to your request, acronyms are not everybody's strong point. I did know what CCBM meant but just 4 words and the term "occupational" being somewhat open to misinterpretation left me wondering what it is you are actually asking for. 

Would I be correct in assuming these skippers are for the boat "Greenfinch" which is based in Islington or am I assuming far too much? 

I can't find anything about this boat via Google so perhaps I am wrong. What is expected f the skippers? is it a community boat? A trip boat? does it specilse in taking passengers with disabilities, what range does it cover, are skipper needed to stay on board for weeks on end or just a 2-3 hour shift?

How many skippers? when?

Please tell us more about your project, there are many talented folks around on this forum, can we start again and see if you can get some help?

• Greenie 1

Just now, Anastasia matilda humfries said:

...better banter than first replies.

Good to know that you have a sense of humour

Always good to test the water

Luv the name :cheers: we do talk to gurls on here honest, just ask Rusty :D

1 minute ago, cheshire~rose said:

I may have come to this a bit too late because it appears you have already frightened off by some of the replies. Just in case you are still reading, first of all, welcome to the forum. 

With regard to your request, acronyms are not everybody's strong point. I did know what CCBM meant but just 4 words and the term "occupational" being somewhat open to misinterpretation left me wondering what it is you are actually asking for. 

Would I be correct in assuming these skippers are for the boat "Greenfinch" which is based in Islington or am I assuming far too much? 

I can't find anything about this boat via Google so perhaps I am wrong. What is expected f the skippers? is it a community boat? A trip boat? does it specilse in taking passengers with disabilities, what range does it cover, are skipper needed to stay on board for weeks on end or just a 2-3 hour shift?

How many skippers? when?

Please tell us more about your project, there are many talented folks around on this forum, can we start again and see if you can get some help?

Well said Auntie :D

I don't want a skipper! I am one. (Really)

Greenfinch is my boat but that is a separate subject that is up for lease as a catering business-not on this forum,just yet.

I was just suggesting help with cruising boats,of 12 passengers or less if anyone needed help as I am available...

6 minutes ago, Anastasia matilda humfries said:

I don't want a skipper! I am one. (Really)

Greenfinch is my boat but that is a separate subject that is up for lease as a catering business-not on this forum,just yet.

I was just suggesting help with cruising boats,of 12 passengers or less if anyone needed help as I am available...

Oh!

It is the title that is misleading then, it says "Skippers Wanted" but you don't want any lol

Even then I suspect a little more information might be helpful - how far would you want to travel for example? There are four trip boats operate on Chesterfield Canal that are always glad to see a new skipper join their ranks! There are community operated trip boats all over the country who would be very glad to have an experienced crew member join them 

Perhaps this might interest you?

http://www.nationalhistoricships.org.uk/shipshape-network/job/skipper-herring-drifter

A smashing opportunity for someone

• Happy 2

1 hour ago, Anastasia matilda humfries said:

Ah,I see. Initiation because I'm new to the forum...

I have sailed across the world . Twice!

But that is not the reason I am here.

What have you done in your time on the water?

It might be worth losing the chip on your shoulder and maybe expresing yourself  a tad humbler. For sure, you didn't go round the world twice using your CCBM. That is not a qualification that gives you any knowledge or training to do that and is only a very basic first step, not a qualificatin to anything but the very basic skippering of a small boat. 

Why not start again by asking the forum what you wee trying to do in your first post and you may find a more positive response. Despite the banter on this forum, which can sometime come across as unfriendly, if you ask a genuine question there are many who would be willing to help you.

Howard

Edited by howardang
  • Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Anastasia matilda humfries said:

Thank you Howard.

You speak my language but you don't understand it; regarding my posts.

I said exactly what I meant.

The I had to explain. 

No worries.

Keep taking the tablets :cheers:

2 minutes ago, Anastasia matilda humfries said:

Thank you Howard.

You speak my language but you don't understand it; regarding my posts.

I said exactly what I meant.

The I had to explain. 

No worries.

Despite being a dense Yorkshireman, I think I understand enough of your posts  to possibly recognise a troll. 

If, however, you would like to stop being quite so cryptic and explain what you want you may get a more positive response.

Howard

• Greenie 1

5 hours ago, bizzard said:

Captain Smith sank the Titanic because he wouldn't slow down or heave to until daylight.

I'm not interested any more. 

Your forum dug me out from the start.

I'd rather be a forest than a tree...

A hammer than a nail...

Me than you.

Keep your comfort.

I'm off and 'shutting up'.

• Greenie 1