Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Johny London

CRT ripped me off

Featured Posts

Just a bit of a moan really, but I do feel a bit ripped off as far as my license fee with crt.

I first bought a license for the 25th May 2016, so lost 3 1/2 weeks right off the bat. This year I moved off crt waters on the 10th March - so lost the rest of that month (another 3 weeks). So finally I got to refund what was left - a month. Less a £30 admin fee :(

All in all, that's around 8 weeks fees (or 150 odd quid) "lost" in just two years.

Just to add insult to injury, I'm still paying car insurance for a car I no longer have as it actually costs as much to cancel the policy as to let it run. The man really knows how to stick it to ya.

That is the same sort of deal you get if you had taxed your car and cashed it in again on the same dates. 

There are only two things certain, death and taxes. 

Ideally you should have bought your licence on the 1st of June 2016 and got off CRT waters on 27th February but you already know that. Perhaps you could have saved a bit more by having a smaller boat too? 

13 minutes ago, Johny London said:

Less a £30 admin fee :(

A shockingly small amount given the trouble this puts them to.

These amounts you re stressing about seem trivial compared to the total costs of running a boat.

I returned my EA licence before the end of March as it is now on the Wey on brokerage and asuumimg it all goes well I will qualify for a 6 month refund. 

You really should have followed this forums advice. 

Bought a bycycle with fishing rod carrier then you wouldn' have needed the car, could have used the canals to your hearts content for free and had two CRT manager teams looking after you.

• Greenie 1

It was reasonable in the days of clerks writing on papyrus that periods should be defined in months, but now we have computers that can handle microseconds. It should now be possible to do refunds by the day, it is not good enough just to use computers to mimic manual methods.

38 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

They are smiling inside, all the time!

I think....

You've got to smile if you are warming maggots in your mouth!:)

• Greenie 1

17 hours ago, Johny London said:

...and fishermen always seem miserable.

Think of it like you're busy decorating your hall and the missus and kids, who all have every right, keep walking past whilst going about their own business answering the door, going to the kitchen,  picking up the post, etc.  You know they are doing nothing wrong, but you're hardly disposed towards encouraging them to do so and you're unlikely to give them a cheery wave each time you have to stop what you're doing whilst they pass. Well, the navigating boaters are the missus and kids in this scenario. 

A clever parallel, but alas one which has a serious flaw. The clue, perhaps, is in the word "navigating", which is done on a navigation, which was built for boats to navigate on. 

44 minutes ago, Athy said:

A clever parallel, but alas one which has a serious flaw. The clue, perhaps, is in the word "navigating", which is done on a navigation, which was built for boats to navigate on. 

You don't have to be on a navigation in order to navigate.

Back in the 70's I did a bit of car rallying, and the bloke sat next to me with all the maps and route books was called a navigator.

Never once did he navigate me into a river or canal, but we splashed across a few streams at ford's. :D

15 minutes ago, cuthound said:

You don't have to be on a navigation in order to navigate.

Where did I suggest that you did?

Your point reminds me of "All horses have four legs. This animal has four legs. Therefore it is a horse".

1 hour ago, Athy said:

36 minutes ago, Athy said:

Where did I suggest that you did?

Your point reminds me of "All horses have four legs. This animal has four legs. Therefore it is a horse".

Seems to me that the bit in bold implies that navigating is done on a navigation by boats.

My 1820 antique table was built to eat dinner off, but at the moment there is a laptop and a laser printer sitting on it. Am I going to have to put them on the floor?

On 05/04/2018 at 03:27, Johny London said:

I don't cycle, and fishermen always seem miserable.

They smile when they leave home and set up their tackle, freedom !  Then as pack up time approaches the faces droop with the setting of the sun. Got to go home again back to the nag.

On 06/04/2018 at 01:18, Paul C said:

My 1820 antique table was built to eat dinner off, but at the moment there is a laptop and a laser printer sitting on it. Am I going to have to put them on the floor?

I bought an antique tall slim vase stand. It now sits neatly in my engine room by my rear step. A perfect narrow stool for the missus inside my trad stern and really handy step for mounting the cabin top in when locking.