Maintenance Fails

TheBiscuits

Featured Posts

It was a long time ago but as I remember, Andy Pandy was on on tuesdays, Bill and Ben Wednesdays and Woodentops on Friday. I seem to think Rag tag and bobtail was thursdays offering.....but cant for the life of me think of Mondays.

Just now, Victor Vectis said:

Picture book?

That's what Mrs Bob has just said. That was the boring one!

6 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Bill and who? How old are you lot?

That was prime time TV (just after lunch time) in the 50's. No video recording then so you had to be there to watch it.

While we're :offtopic: and talking about ancient kids TV.............

I'm told Four Feather Falls was the first Gerry Anderson production and it came before Supercar but I have no recollection of it. And.........

Does anyone remember Space Patrol? A crew of three, a bearded Earthman as captain with a Martian caled Husky and a Venusian called Slim travelled through space in something resembling a gyroscope.

6 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

That's what Mrs Bob has just said. That was the boring one!

That was prime time TV (just after lunch time) in the 50's. No video recording then so you had to be there to watch it.

Give us a shout when you get to the late 70's

Back on track...

These holes are where a collapsed bywash was dug out several years ago on the Leicester line.

They were covered with branches to hide them as dangerous, early last year they were uncovered so CRT could arrange the fix. Several CRT contractors visited 12 months ago to discuss various methods of  repair, from traditional to installing an inflatable tube and backfilling over.

As you can see, we haven't had a fix yet and someone could easily fall down or break a leg here.

20180330_161239.jpg

20180330_161257.jpg

Edited by matty40s

17 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Back on track...

These holes are where a collapsed bywash was dug out several years ago on the Leicester line.

They were covered with branches to hide them as dangerous, early last year they were uncovered so CRT could arrange the fix. Several CRT contractors visited 12 months ago to discuss various methods of  repair, from traditional to installing an inflatable tube and backfilling over.

As you can see, we haven't had a fix yet and someone could easily fall down or break a leg here.

20180330_161239.jpg

20180330_161257.jpg

The photo suggests that thew location is not part of the towpath and is 'screened' by some hedging. Is there any need to allow access to this point? Could it just be oranged off?

7 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

The photo suggests that thew location is not part of the towpath and is 'screened' by some hedging. Is there any need to allow access to this point? Could it just be oranged off?

Could it??, should it??

You and I both know the answer to that Mike.. Yes.

However, it has been like that for over 12 months, there did used to be orange fencing there once. Before that there was a steel grid over the void.

You tell me who is managing that hole...contractor,  CRT, local councillor once one of his voters falls down the holes??

I travel the Leicester ring several times a year in both ways and on many boats. This is one of my "just bloody well fix it" spots. CRT isn't working.......well not how it should be.

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

Could it??, should it??

You and I both know the answer to that Mike.. Yes.

However, it has been like that for over 12 months, there did used to be orange fencing there once. Before that there was a steel grid over the void.

You tell me who is managing that hole...contractor,  CRT, local councillor once one of his voters falls down the holes??

I travel the Leicester ring several times a year in both ways and on many boats. This is one of my "just bloody well fix it" spots. CRT isn't working.......well not how it should be.

That looks bloody lethal, at best a broken leg.

11 hours ago, Captain Pegg said:

If you recall a bloke with a small black dog who closed a couple of gates for you near the top of the flight that was me.

The bloke that is, not the dog...

JP

A helping hand (or bum) is always appreciated at the top of the flight.

i thought the dog was doing all the work.........

2 hours ago, Victor Vectis said:

While we're :offtopic: and talking about ancient kids TV.............

I'm told Four Feather Falls was the first Gerry Anderson production and it came before Supercar but I have no recollection of it. And.........

Does anyone remember Space Patrol? A crew of three, a bearded Earthman as captain with a Martian caled Husky and a Venusian called Slim travelled through space in something resembling a gyroscope.

I remember Four Feather Fall, a puppet show about cowboys.

Wasn't Space Patrol the one with gable dictum bird and the fly crawling over the set in the closing credits?

34 minutes ago, cuthound said:

I remember Four Feather Fall, a puppet show about cowboys.

Wasn't Space Patrol the one with gable dictum bird and the fly crawling over the set in the closing credits?

Yes, I remember Four Feather Falls and Space Patrol.

The one I liked was the Tellygoons.  I'll start a new thread so I dont clog up this exciting one.

On 4/5/2018 at 18:03, Dr Bob said:

It was a long time ago but as I remember, Andy Pandy was on on tuesdays, Bill and Ben Wednesdays and Woodentops on Friday. I seem to think Rag tag and bobtail was thursdays offering.....but cant for the life of me think of Mondays.

My taste was for Muffin The Mule :D that may have been Mondays

9 hours ago, jam said:

My taste was for Muffin The Mule :D that may have been Mondays

No as posted above, I think it was Picure book. I remember there were 4 progs with 'stories' and one just a collection of nothing. Picture book fits the nothing. I couldn't remember it's name. Muffin the mule must have been a year or two later. I remember Bill and Ben and wooden tops circa 1957 ish?

• 1 month later...