Maintenance Fails

TheBiscuits

Featured Posts

Should have gone to spec savers, but on a serious note, you’d think the person repairing it would know how it should work.

Looking again it must have been like that for a while, looking at the rust.

Edited by steve hayes

7 minutes ago, steve hayes said:

Looking again it must have been like that for a while, looking at the rust.

1 minute ago, mad dog n' Englishman said:

It may be just my poor sight, however it doesn't look as if this has been done recently. lots of rust on the thread and no obvious sign of marks on the nut.

It's been like that for about 18 months now.  I just happened to remember to take a photo of it on Sunday while going through Blackburn.

9 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Do C&RT have any maintenance bods left ?

Haven't C&RT sold all their spanners and grease guns ?

Is it not all done by contracts awarded at the lowest tender quote ?

I don't know. Who did you mean by your comment 'pay monkeys'? This is what I was asking about. 

9 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Do C&RT have any maintenance bods left ?

Haven't C&RT sold all their spanners and grease guns ?

Is it not all done by contracts awarded at the lowest tender quote ?

A good chunk of the general maintenance in the North West is unofficial.

I have heard this weekend of volunteer lockies buying grease and paint, seasonal staff buying door hinges and timber to just fix doors that are sagging. 

I know for a fact that some of us boaters just fix stuff without reporting it, as it is faster to sort things that way. 

Note to CRT staff who read this forum: IT IS THE CC'ERS THAT DO THIS!  Please stop tarring us with the same brush you use on the don't-ever-want-to-move brigade.  Those of us that actually cruise the system keep significant bits of it open, either through reporting it or just fixing it for you.

• Greenie 2

I did notice that at the famous and historical Foxton locks , CRT are maintaining our distinctive infrastructure, and constantly striving to make our canals and rivers the very best they can be with plywood inserts in the gate recesses.

DON'T FORGET....they are here to ensure that it is protected forever.

Sigh, the country that produced Brunel, Whittle, Dibnah, the Austin Allegro, the workshop of the world, After Brexit the country will be like a newborn child stepping out blinking into the world to be eaten up by wolves.

• Haha 1