Laundrette in Kidsgrove

Steve Manc

Featured Posts

There were washing machines at the CRT Red Bull Services- but whether they are still there I know not.  What you need is a copy of the ACS Launderette list.  Available from IWA sales by post  as well as from Aylesbury Canal Society in person.  My copy is on board so I can't check it sorry.

Google may well be your mate.

N

There is a laundrette, which we used last Thursday.

It is unattended, the machines are in an appalling condition (the 60% that are working) and we will not use it again without checking its condition first.

We used a large machine costing £6, only to find 40 mins later that no powder or fabric conditioner had been taken.

We washed again in two smaller machines (after a thorough examination) and at £5 each, but the fabric conditioner was not taken from one, and frankly it was hard to believe the clothes had been washed. 

I'd have done better beating them on rocks at the river.

I can give you directions if you wish.

My hope is that the business will shortly receive a major overhaul, but until such time we'll pass.

Terrific laundrette up near the Anderton lift.

Rog

Hi Rog

It would be helpful if you can give me the name of the one you used so I can avoid using it.

I have looked on Yellow pages online and it has shown Kidsgrove Laundrette, ST7 4AB 01782 782 615

For the journey back

There is two showing for macclesfield, Wash & Press SK11 8BR 01625 619 894 and Hurdsfield Laudrette SK10 2QX 01625 611 382 

Also I will ring Heritage Hireboat / Marina 

Furthermore another post on another website suggest contacting Inland Waterways who send a list of launderettes near all canals by post. I understand there is a charge. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/uk.rec.waterways/pTsjdjlHtcQ

I will ring the above tomorrow

Thanks for the reply

Edited by Steve Manc
added a link

We use Aylesbury Canal Society's launderette list.

It's very good and includes directions to walk/ bus to the laundrette from the nearest point on the canal. I think the list costs about £4.50.

launderettelist@aylesburycanal.org.uk

We've never used the Hurdsfield or Wash n' Press, as we use the one at Bollington below the aqueduct.

The Kidsgrove one you listed is the one I was justifiably scathing about :)

Rog

On 02/04/2018 at 19:21, Steve Manc said:

Furthermore another post on another website suggest contacting Inland Waterways who send a list of launderettes near all canals by post. I understand there is a charge. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/uk.rec.waterways/pTsjdjlHtcQ

That link is a reference to the ACS list from 18 years ago. The contact details (and price) are long out of date!

• 1 month later...
On 02/04/2018 at 19:21, Steve Manc said:

Hi Rog

It would be helpful if you can give me the name of the one you used so I can avoid using it.

I have looked on Yellow pages online and it has shown Kidsgrove Laundrette, ST7 4AB 01782 782 615

For the journey back

There is two showing for macclesfield, Wash & Press SK11 8BR 01625 619 894 and Hurdsfield Laudrette SK10 2QX 01625 611 382 

Also I will ring Heritage Hireboat / Marina 

I will ring the above tomorrow

Thanks for the reply

We traveled down the Macclesfield Canal to Caldon Canal via Kidsgrove. We decided not to chance the Kidsgrove Launderette, ST7 4AB. We used The Launderette, 103 Bucknall New Road, Hanley, ST1 2BG. This can be located via lift bridge 11 on the Caldon Canal. We moored between 10 and 11, close to 11. It is around 5 minutes walk. My wife used it and said it was clean, appliances worked, 20 minutes per was and drying.

Initially we planed to moor at the moorings at bridge 8 but thought better of it when we arrived. 

Hope this is helpful.

• Greenie 1

• 4 weeks later...

if you are heading up the Caldon, we noticed whilst visiting the Black Horse at Endon (just down Plank Lane from the services) that the petrol station next to it were installing an outside launderette. The machines were there but I am not sure if they are working. There is also a convenience store for essentials there. This was at the end of May

Edited by captain birdseye