Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
cheshire~rose

Pass The Parcel

Featured Posts

Rose spread the tartan picnic rug on the embankment by Haggonfields Lock and settled down on it in the weak spring sunshine. She pondered upon the changing of the seasons and how so many things in life seem to go through different seasons. Pooring herself a cup of Earl Grey from a flask she relaxed in the sunshine 

Just then the lock gates clanged open to reveal the bow of an approaching boat. Rose rubbed her eyes, she had not heard any activity at the lock and wondered how she had been so distracted with her thoughts to miss it. For a moment she could have sworn she saw a a high sharply pointed prow and a full set of sails on the vessel, blinking hard she looked again and sw instead a very ordinary narrowboat. As the boat moved past her she noticed the boat name - The Mayflower. ...... and as the rear of the cabin passed she could see it was traditionally sign written with the owners names. The Pligrim Family - Portsmouth. She waved and said hello to the chap steering. He was dressed in a smock shirt and britches. At that moment Rose suddenly realised the boat was making no sound. There was no engine noise nor any sound from the prop wash. This experience was becoming surreal, she blinked hard and looked back to where the boat should have been disappearing along the canal only to see a mirror finish on the surface of the water and no boat in sight. 

Rose peered into her cup of Earl Grey wondering if somebody had slipped something in there. She shrugged and looked back to the lock to see a beautifully carved wooden chest resting on the balance beam. Jumping up from her tartan picnic blanket she walked over to the lock to investigate. As she drew close the carved wood of the chest appeared to change momentarily into cardboard box. She stopped and stared determined not to blink in case it vanished the the boat had done. As she watched the box morphed back into a carved wooden chest. Something odd was going on. 

Reaching the casket she read the label. It simply said "Brytsnian" 

Reaching into her delightful little duck egg blue Gucci clutch bag she pulled out her Old English Dictionary and found it meant "To parcel out, distribute, enjoy or possess

Carefully opening the lid of the chest she looked in awe at the rich purple colour of the velveteen lining before one by one she looked at the items inside.

There was a word loom. A beautifully crafted item that would be an absolute delight for a wordsmith to use to weave a story.

There was a  tin of rainbow paint for use by those who has a desire to add some colour to their imagination or that of others. 

There was a recipe book for use by folks who want to cook up a storm 

A Joiners hook for attaching improbably items 

Finally there was a tiny beautifully leather bound volume. Rose flicked through the pages and soon realised this was not some work of fiction, this was a beautiful history book. As she flicked through she saw mention of that much celebrated day, Fridaaay. There was an image of what she believed to be an occasional table, on another page she read about the dishonesty box and the UnStable Bar. The barmaid with the industrial thighs was mentioned along with something about a wooden settle. 

The next page had been damaged by a big splash of pink liquid but smelled heavily of cheese and onion crisps. 

Towards the back of the book there were empty pages with an invitation to the wordsmiths, the colour lovers and the joiners to use the tools provided to continue the journey. To possess, to enjoy but to distribute the gifts given to us from the archives of the Canal World Archives.

Closing the lid on the box Rose went and sat down and realised, the forum has emerged from it's winter season. It is once again full of enthusiastic little boaters ready to help each other and have some fun. Here was a parcel designed to pass around the forum. When the parcel lands in your hands listen, if the music stops then you can choose to add a word, a sentence, a paragraph or a chapter to the story. Or you can pass it on and smile. 

Rose looked back at the lock gates where the box had been resting just a few moments before and saw it had already gone. 

If it lands in your hands please let us know 

• Love 1
  • Happy 2

6 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Sounds like Rose has been on the wacky backy again?:D

.......bump

Or the Rosé. 

Rose walks into the room, brushes a fleck of dust from the hand stitched lapel of her vintage Alexander McQueen jacket (in a rather exquisite shade of raspberry) and, plumping up a slightly threadbare tapestry cushion she plonks herself down on the settle with an exasperated sigh. 

"Wacky Baccy"? "Rosé?" goodness me the thinks, any moment now one of these forum newbies will suggest I have been at The Drink That Shall Not Be Named! There has to be a few people around this parish who remember how things used to happen? 

Is there nobody prepared to test out the word loom? 

She wanders over to the bar. She checks her reflection in the highly polished brass of the pump handle while reading the label. Licorice Whip Stout it is then. Dropping a shuttle from a vintage hand cranked Singer Sewing machine into the dishonesty box in payment she takes her beer over and places it on the occasional table (on this occasion it was a table) while she sits patiently and waits for someone to do a trial run with some of the contents of The Parcel 

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Did you have to spit on the pump handle when you said that?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Sounds like Rose has been on the wacky backy again?:D

.......bump

Yep. Rose has been to Amsterdam!

2 hours ago, rusty69 said:

llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

I said that 2 weeks ago!

Just now, Dr Bob said:

I said that 2 weeks ago!

Great minds think alike:),I knew the Welsh had a patent on it, but didn't know you did too.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

Great minds think alike:),I knew the Welsh had a patent on it, but didn't know you did too.

I lied. I should have said " I wrote that 2 weeks ago". Of course I couldnt say it. Mrs Bob can. She's from Welsh Wales.

This I suspect is an attempt to reopen the unstable bar, there should be hamsters and a pink elephant. 

Oh and wild pasties

I never visited previously,  it was scary

• Haha 1

Just now, tree monkey said:

This I suspect is an attempt to reopen the unstable bar, there should be hamsters and a pink elephant. 

Oh and wild pasties

I never visited previously,  it was scary

If the bar is not in a stable (it is Easter.....oh  forgot, that's Christmas), where is it?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I lied. I should have said " I wrote that 2 weeks ago". Of course I couldnt say it. Mrs Bob can. She's from Welsh Wales.

Prove it.Ask her to say it now.

4 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

She said something but I couldnt understand and I got very wet.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

If the bar is not in a stable (it is Easter.....oh  forgot, that's Christmas), where is it?

It is anywhere you want it to be, it exists only in your imagination. If you care to share the image of it in your head with the rest of the forum a bit like what I did then you can use the word loom to weave your addition to the story 

11 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

"It now" is not difficult to say 

7 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Don't go down into the cellar

He is not still there is he? 

Rose reaches into her delightful little duck egg blue Gucci clutch bag, reaching down the side of the spare Lister engine and manouvering her fingers safely around the back of the bag of unicorn manure she pulls out a megaphone and says "It Now" again

Call me Mr Thicky Mc thicko if you will,but what are the rules to this game,who's turn is it next,and how do we know who the winner is?

Also, does it help to be a bit widdled?

2 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

Rose reaches into her delightful little duck egg blue Gucci clutch bag, reaching down the side of the spare Lister engine and manouvering her fingers safely around the back of the bag of unicorn manure she pulls out a megaphone and says "It Now" again

Our duck wants it's own delightful little duck egg but I keep telling him it is anotomically impossible.

8 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

"It now" is not difficult to say 

It is if it is in the same sentence as llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

Call me Mr Thicky Mc thicko if you will,but what are the rules to this game,who's turn is it next,and how do we know who the winner is?

Also, does it help to be a bit widdled?

A head full of nonsense helped, do you know anyone like that?